Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up So?.....................

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    Another vacancy just opened up on the Supreme Court.
    I smell a conservative court coming! You know the kind. They're the kind that won't hear the case of a military deserter. They will leave THAT for the military courts.
    Yea!
    CR
    Shal we begin to espouse your kind and gentle judicial qualities to everyone inside the Beltway here? I mean, Mr. Justice CR does have a certain ring to it........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods
    Shal we begin to espouse your kind and gentle judicial qualities to everyone inside the Beltway here? I mean, Mr. Justice CR does have a certain ring to it........
    But harve, there's one thing in his name that would kill his opportunity for any such appointment....wanna guess what it is? REASON!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Those who went to Canada during Viet Nam were also cowards. Gutless cowards. They spit in the face of the tens of thousands of men and women who gave their lives so their snivelling little butts had the freedoms they enjoyed.

Im sorry George, but what part of that war had anything to do with protecting our freedoms? My bad, I must have missed the part about the VC planning an invasion of the U.S. .

And now he will call me names...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Im sorry George, but what part of that war had anything to do with protecting our freedoms? My bad, I must have missed the part about the VC planning an invasion of the U.S. .

And now he will call me names...

When were we ever in danger of being invaded by Germany, or Japan for that matter? How about Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45
    When were we ever in danger of being invaded by Germany, or Japan for that matter? How about Korea?
    I must admit, I wasnt around then, but I seem to recall reading that there was a genuine concern that the Jap's were going to invade the west coast. They certainly had the capability (unlike the VC). And I do belive they attacked us first. I also think the Germans were their allies and the way it worked back then was, if one attacks you in essence they all did. Matter of fact, I dont have the time line in front of me, but I belive Germany declared war on us first, in support of their allies.

The Veitnam war had absolutly nothing to do with protecting our freedoms. Just like Korea, or Kosavo, or Angola, or Lebanon, or (here it comes) Iraq. The last war this country was in that had anything to do with protecting our freedoms was WWII (I dont consider Afganastan a war in the true sense).

Its just more of the blind, patriotic dribble that you hear anytime the U.S. millitary is sent into another country, no matter the reason (save evacuating U.S. citizens). And no, Im not bassing anyone for being patriotic. Just stop letting your patriatism be a blinder when it comes to the actions of our government.

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

I wouldn't call it "patriotic dribble".
    What I see is that a call for help from a people who needs and the United States answers the call.
    If we don't, who will?
    We create or at least fashion an environment where a country's people can insert themselves into a government who has a history of killing people who oppose it. Kind of the way this country was under English rule in the 1700s.
    We don't force our will on other countries. Name me one country that we have taken over for the sheer folly of it?
    These aren't table top exercises. These are real people in real trouble who need the assistance of a country strong enough to level the playing field for them.
    When you break it down to that level, I hardly believe that politics drive the policies.
    Naive? Maybe; but I am not so full of cynicism that I can't still believe that we went because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

We don't force our will on other countries. Name me one country that we have taken over for the sheer folly of it?
    Chief, this is the key argument that the left can never answer honestly. The second one is "If Iraq is a war for oil, where is the oil"?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    I wouldn't call it "patriotic dribble".
    What I see is that a call for help from a people who needs and the United States answers the call.
    If we don't, who will?
    We create or at least fashion an environment where a country's people can insert themselves into a government who has a history of killing people who oppose it. Kind of the way this country was under English rule in the 1700s.
    These aren't table top exercises. These are real people in real trouble who need the assistance of a country strong enough to level the playing field for them.
    When you break it down to that level, I hardly believe that politics drive the policies.
    Naive? Maybe; but I am not so full of cynicism that I can't still believe that we went because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO!
    CR
    Perhaps a poor choice of words.

But lets be honest, the U.S. isnt as inocent as some people tend to belive. They just cant see it through that flag they wrap themselves in.

Hey, Im as patriotic as the next guy. I have Old Glory stickers on my pov's. I fly it proudly at my home. I was one of the guys who pushed to have flags on our helmets at work. I joined the Marines right out of high school (didnt make it due to an injury).

I just look at things with an open mind, and dont let my feelings for this country (or politics) cloud my vision.

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Little known facts is that a Japense Submarine fired shells at a Military Base in Oregon in 1942 I think, not quite sure of the year. Also, the japs set several acres on fire using Ballons fited with explosives that would drop in the US. And the Japs even captured several of the Islands off the Coast of Alaska but they were too small of much importance. I just wanted to say that because I wanted to be a a-hole.

The deal with Iraq is that while they have supplied terrorists with weapons in the past a la Abu Nidal, Saddam and Osama would never work hand in hand together because they hate each other.

Now while Germany never attacked the US directly on American Soil, through WW2, America was supplying German enemies with supplies. Lend-Lease program, etc, etc.

Thread Information