Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Catagory for upgrade

I am putting in to upgrade our existing SCOTT packs with a dual EBSS RIT connections. Which catagory do i need to put that in and which selection in the drop down menu will that go under?

thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

In the request for details you will use the category "Other PPE". In the next block you would explain what it is. In this case, "To ugrade existing Scott SCBA with dual EBSS RIT connections".

Forum Member

so what would i put in the percentage catagory when it ask me

#1 What percentage of your on-duty active members has PPE that meets current applicable NFPA and OSHA standards in effect at the time of application? If you are asking for specialized equipment (e.g., HazMat), what percentage of applicable members have this specialized PPE that meets the established standards?

and

#2 What percentage of your on-duty active members will have PPE that meets current applicable NFPA and OSHA standards if this grant is awarded? If you are asking for specialized equipment (e.g., HazMat), what percentage of applicable members will have specialized PPE that meets established standards if this grant is awarded?

#3 What is the purpose of this request?

#4 Is this PPE--------------------Drop down menu

Can someone help me out in filling this out or has anyone upgraded their airpacks and would like to lend a hand in filling the this section out in upgrading to RIT connection or should i wait till Monday and call the help desk.

MembersZone Subscriber

msvfd18,

We went throught he upgrade process last year. Hopefully this will help.

Question 1: 0%

Question 2: 100%

I would have to get back to you on the last two questions once I review last years application.

Forum Member

ok cool this really helps me out and keep the info coming this is the last thing so i can submit this thing.....

What is the purpose of this request? i put in the drop down menu as "to equip first responders to handle new mission" is this acceptable?

also

Is this PPE : in the drop down menu i put "for some other use" and then in the

If you selected Other above, please specify: i typed in "To be able to establish RIT connections on the existing packs"

does this sound ok?
    Last edited by MSVFD18; 03-26-2005 at 04:43 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

MSVFD18,

I went back and reviewed our application from last year. FYI we upgraded our Scott SCBA to include heads up display, RIT and integrated PASS.

Purpose: I believe is a drop down menu (at least it was last year): We used, to replace worn, usable equipment.

For your last question I believe you are correct. Last year we used "Other PPE" then stated "Upgrade SCBA'a to meet NFPA 1981 2002 edition.

You may want to call the help line and clarify wheather to use the new mission or if another category is more appropriate.

Thread Information