Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: You have to be Canadian to understand......

8) During Roll-Up-The-Rim-To-Win time all cups left unattended and unrolled for more than one minute are free game to anyone else. Since we know that all the really good prizes are only meant for people in Ontario we've only got a limited shot at anything decent so watch your cups!

I really dislike correcting a lady in public. (especially a captain) but you made a serious error in #8.
    It should read "all the really good prizes are only meant for the really good people of Ontario".
    However it was good; and acceptable; as we all know that only the people with the highest IQ live in NorthWestern Ontario.

OPPS. MADE A MISTAKE. SHE'S A CAPTAIN SO NO LADY.
    (At least my last female captain could blister my hide better than my first drill sergeant)

MembersZone Subscriber rualfire's Avatar

Default Onterrible?

My captain is from Timmins.. He sometimes won't quit with the "back home we..." or "In mine rescue we..."

I always remind him that even though he's from the northern part of the province, its STILL Onterrible.

You should look on the bright side of things OldCigar... at least you aren't in Quebec.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Re: Onterrible?

Originally posted by rualfire
    Onterrible.

You should look on the bright side of things OldCigar... at least you aren't in Quebec.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Well Folks, I have Finally arrived onto the Firehouse forums. It has been some TIme and there are a few fimiliar faces
    Gotta hate when that happens, ecpecially when your running late for work.

Originally posted by Flashover05
    Well Folks, I have Finally arrived onto the Firehouse forums. It has been some TIme and there are a few fimiliar faces
    Gotta hate when that happens, ecpecially when your running late for work.
    Wellllllll look who it is... ...Enjoy Buddy
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Hey I just got here too, and I recognize some of these names too. To the new people Hello from Edmonton

Forum Member

mmm...iced capp season is upon us. If it ever stops raining...

Default Duck?

No kidding. Its been raining here for what feels like 2 weeks.

Most of yesterday the emergency warning system was interupting the radio to warn people downstream of the oldman river damn (southern Alberta) was going to have a release and flooding may occur.

I'm starting to grow webbing between my toes...

I think I'll paddle over to tims for a danish and a coffee.

Default Re: Duck?

Originally posted by rualfire
    No kidding. Its been raining here for what feels like 2 weeks.

Most of yesterday the emergency warning system was interupting the radio to warn people downstream of the oldman river damn (southern Alberta) was going to have a release and flooding may occur.

I'm starting to grow webbing between my toes...

I think I'll paddle over to tims for a danish and a coffee.
    HA!...Bout time you guys got it...We got poured on here last month so
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

rualfire: I'm in Redwood Meadows, we've been running flood calls & MVA's for the last 48 hours. Our entire response area has declared a state of emergency, & our crew is starting to get a little crispy around the edges. Everyone else is smart enough to be napping now, (02:20) but I'm a terrible sleeper when there's a good chance half my town will be under water when I wake up...

Stay safe!

Default Hang in there.

50FFEMT.

It sounded like things were getting a little hairy there yesterday (from the news reports). I hope you got some sleep.

Things seem to have eased up a little bit here since about midnight. (Strathmore)

Forum Member

rual,

Things started to settle, but then the berm that keeps the river from the townsite began to crumble. 2 hours sleep yesterday, about 3 last night. Glad to hear that you're doing better. Good luck.

Default Relief?

If you guys need a hand, there are lots of us flatlanders (I'm not just reffering to the Strathmore Rural Fire Department) who would gladly come if asked.

I can't speak for any others, but I know that we would send you a crew to sandbag or whatever if you need.

Randy Adams
    (403)901-7144

Forum Member

Thanks for the offer Randy.
    However, it looks like the crest has passed and things should start to get better.
    However, if it doesn't, you may hear from us.
    Thanks again
    George
    I.A.C.O.J. - Getting crustier every day

Forum Member

Thanks rual! Unless these thunderboomers turn out more rain than expected, we should be good. We certainly appreciate the offer though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Duck?

Originally posted by ndvfdff33

HA!...Bout time you guys got it...We got poured on here last month so

cripes dude.. You mean it was only a month. :|
    Here, we got hit almost all of april, all of may, and about half of june so far.. I see a pattern here I thinks
    Jason.
    Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
    Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
    Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Calgary issues local state-of-emergency order

Hope you guys in Calgary, Okotoks, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, High River etc. are all staying safe!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

I watched the video and CAN'T BELIEVE how high the water is in that shot on the Bow River downtown!

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Thanks Respect, we're safe, but certainly not dry. We stopped pumping out houses tonight, then got called out for an MVA. The second wave of flooding was much worse than the first. More than 90 percent of the houses in Redwood Meadows got flooded this time, and a gajillion in Bragg Creek are flooded.

Default Drumheller

I was in Drumheller last night. They've scaled up for a major flood. Evacuated everything north of the railway tracks. nEveryone is pitching in. Police, Fire, EMS, Red Deer Search & Rescue, Parks, a few more I didn't recognize. The counties all around had trucks and heavey equipment running all night to re-enforce the dykes.

They are bracing for the worst this morning. Water should spill over the dyke's before noon.

My old house is scheduled to have water in the living room. So much for the basement renovations I did.

Evacuated 2500 - 3000 people yesterday.

Sounds like Red Deer Dodged the bullet over night as one of the tributaries damned up due to tree's etc. That might be good news for the Drum guys.

Does anyone elses water in Calgary taste like grass?

Yeah I found out how bad Drum is late last night .... noon is what I heard too. Movin' north ... Red Deer and Edmonton were mentioned too. Good to hear Red Deer dodged the bullet overnight.

I still can't get over that pic of the water up over the railing on the bike path downtown

They're yakking about the logjam on the radio now.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information