Default blackwarter diveing

what are some tips abought black water diveing i am a new psd diver
    Last edited by deepdiver773; 03-27-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Forum Member

Default Blackwater Diving - PSD Training

Good training is the key to effective "blackwater diving." You may be able to get with the Nashville Fire Department in you region and ask if you can participate in their next Dive Rescue 1 class.

Also, Dive Rescue International is offering a Dive Rescue 1 class in Johnson City, TN on May 6-8, 2005. You can download a brochure for the class by visiting the Dive Rescue International online training calendar at:

http://www.diverescueintl.com/training.html

Click on the brochure link next to the Johnson City, TN class to download a registration form and get more complete information regarding the three day Dive Rescue 1 program.

Safe diving,

Blades Robinson

Check the Public Safety Diving Online Training Calendar at:
    http://www.diverescueintl.com/training.html
    Programs are updated weekly in various regions through North America.
    You can also fill out an online request form and have program information mailed to your department when courses are offered in your area.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have nothing but, and if their is any visability at all after the first sweep it is gone. Training is the key as well as some good sop's and a good line tender.
    Your line tender will be able to tell if you are getting in trouble before you know it. A snagged line will be seen by the tender before being felt by the diver.

Just wait till you are in black water at night, that's dark.

Do you have a specific question, fire away.

Default yes i have dove at night it is defrent at night and thank you for your help yes i

Originally posted by ADSNWFLD
    We have nothing but, and if their is any visability at all after the first sweep it is gone. Training is the key as well as some good sop's and a good line tender.
    Your line tender will be able to tell if you are getting in trouble before you know it. A snagged line will be seen by the tender before being felt by the diver.

Just wait till you are in black water at night, that's dark.

Do you have a specific question, fire away.

thank you for your help and i have dove at night in black water it is defrent i am going to take d r i at kvers i think in may are june

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck, the more training and time in the water the better.
    It is very important to keep up your skills. This is one of the few times that you work in a hazardous area alone and you have to keep you wit about it.

I think you'll like DR1. I had been on the team diving incidents for many years prior to getting any outside trainingand the DR1 class re afirmed my training and gave me a few new ways at looking at some tasks.
    DR2 was very good and helped refine some procedures for us.

Thread Information