Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Academy

Default Fire Academy

Yes, I'm on Salina Fire. We do all of our Firefighter II classes through Limestone, but they're not planning on having one till Spring 2006 at the earliest, and as I said before, it would be much easier on me to attend in the Fall.

MembersZone Subscriber

You might want to check out Mokena.. I know they run their own academy and accept outside candidates but it is pricey. I believe they charge $1200. You can check their website out at www.mokenafire.org and see if they are going to have an academy in the fall by calling them.

Also the Southwest United Fire Districts www.sufd.org
    They have a firefighter academy in the fall, its runs $2000.

Also the cheapest option starting in August is the Southern Kane County Training association in North Aurora. They charge $800 and their website is www.southernkane.org

I don't know what you define as "expensive" but your best option might be to wait for the MABAS 7 fire academy in January 2006. I am sure Dutch would pay for that academy.

Just for FYI.. you can hit the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the thread. I don't know if you realized it but you created a second post, which makes it hard to follow the conversation.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by k3twpfire; 03-28-2005 at 12:03 AM.

Default Fire Academy

I don't think Dutch likes that Academy. I'm willing to pay out of my own pocket though, so he likes that. Thanks for the info. And thanks for the reply tip; I'm new here.

Thread Information