Forum Member

Default HELP! 911!! Burger King Drive-up Travesty!! POLICE!!

They played this on the radio this morning. This is great.
    http://scottrope.typepad.com/scott_r...es/911tape.wma

"This is not a criminal issue, we can't go out there and make them make you a cheeseburger the way you want it."

"Well, you're supposed to be here to protect me..."

"Well, what are we protecting you from? The wrong cheeseburger? Is this a harmful cheeseburger or something?"
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

If I wasnt at my day job , I would have laughed hysterically out loud.

For the Dispachers out there, how would you have handled this. Almost sounds like there may be a trespassing issue brewing here as well, against the caller.

I think the worst part of all this is: I am not surprised that this call.

Forum Member

I've gotten many calls of somewhat equal stupidity. Eventually, you learn how to have fun with it but not cross the line of not doing your job or being rude. I think my response would have been very similar to her's.

Forum Member

Like NmFire I'm a dispatcher in my full time job. The only thing this caller would have been listening to after I had established why she was calling was the dial tone on her phone. She is what we call an X Files caller.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

ROFLMAO!

That's classic. I love the last line; "You have to go in there, act like an adult, and get your money back".

Indeed!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Another reason why you couldn't pay me enough to be a cop or a dispatcher. Answering calls like this or running around mediating idiotic disputes like this, someones dog pooped in my yard, etc. Good Lord.

Forum Member

That is just a notch or two below the dude who got his ***** kicked by the dear he hit.

Gotta love the stupidity of people.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Thumbs up

lmaorofl!!!!! That was awesome Thank you so much for posting it....it definitely made my Monday!!!!
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. --Kurt Vonnegut

To all those who have paid the ultimate price....our thoughts are always with you and our hearts are always connected to those you left behind

Forum Member

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    That is just a notch or two below the dude who got his ***** kicked by the dear he hit.

Gotta love the stupidity of people.
    I believe that was a call made for the purpose of training. If not, it is still used in many dispatcher training classes as an example of just how people push the envelope of stupidity.

Forum Member

Love hearing those crazy 911 tapes thanks for posting, can't wait to let my wife hear this one. She is a dispatcher and enjoyes them as much if not more than me.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Forum Member

So much for BK's slogan........ "Have it Your Way".........

Funny funny stuff........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

reminds of a call I took last Thursady .........a 20 y/o male calling cause his peins was limp, wondering if that was normal ? Some people
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Got to hear that at our DMAT meeting last month. The Deputy Commander's actually a Reserve Deputy with OCSD and knows the dispatcher in the recording. Some people!
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

Thread Information