Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Cochran

Default Johnny Cochran

Just heard that Johnny Cochran has passed away at the age of 67.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Attorney Johnny Cochran Dies
    (Los Angeles-WABC, March 29, 2005) ó Eyewitness News has learned that famed attorney Johnny Cochran has died after battling an illness.

Cochran began his legal career in the Los Angeles District Attorney's office. He later started his own firm, becoming one of the best known trial lawyers in the country.

He was Michael Jackson's attorney in the 1990s and brokered the multi-million dollar settlement in the first child sex abuse case against the pop star.

Of course, he was also the head of O.J. Simpson's defense team.

Locally, he represented Abner Louima in his civil suit against the NYPD.

ABC News is told he passed away in his home today, after suffering from an inoperable brain tumor.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wab...5_cochran.html
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

SIMPSON DID IT.....SIMPSON DID IT It was a latex glove this time though...ha ha ha!
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

I never would have thought that he was more than 45 or 50.

Either way, life goes on, but that is just the bitter and cynical side of me.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    I never would have thought that he was more than 45 or 50.

That's exactly what I was thinking...... I had no clue the guy was that old!!! Not that 67 is THAT old........ right Harve??
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

67 is freaken GERIATRIC ......... isn't it Harve?
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default No joke...

I meet Johnnie in 1998 at the California Highway Patrol
    Academy graduation. His son is currently a CHP Officer.
    (So maybe a little professional courtesy here, please?)

I should also state even though I meet him, I wasnt a
    fan.

Last edited by CALFFBOU; 03-29-2005 at 09:50 PM.

Sorry Bou,

My condolences to the Cochrane family. I meant no disrespect. The geriatric crack is just an ongoing ballbusting thing between me and Harve.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default Yo...

No problem! I am not a fan of his, but I've met his son and he
    is an awesome guy. I even posted a link for you. Click
    below, he is on the left.

(Who is a fan of lawyers anyways? )

-Bou

Default Re: No joke...

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
    I meet Johnnie in 1998 at the California Highway Patrol Academy graduation. His son is currently a CHP Officer.
    (So maybe a little professional courtesy here, please?)

I should also state even though I meet him, I wasnt a
    fan.
    No professional courtesy. Sorry Bou, just because his son is a law enforcement officer he gets off from criticism or comments?

I'd give him professional courtesy if he was a police officer himself.

Not trying to be mean, just stating my feelings.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

I bet Michael Jackson wishes he was still around...
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Johnnie Cochran was undeniably a very competent attorney with alot of charisma. He was also a defense attorney. That does not make him Satan.

A defense attorney is retained, first and foremost, to be an aggressive advocate for his client. The state has the absolute burden of provng a person's guilt. The defense attorney is there to make sure the state meets that burden. As I have said before, each and every one of you would demand that, if you were accused of a crime, you had an attorney that aggressively protected your interests.

Yes, he represented OJ. The sad fact of the matter was that the State did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Whether he did it or not, the state's burden never goes away. As part of his job as an aggressive advocate, he has an obligation to expose and exploit weaknesses in the state's case. Unfortnately, in the OJ case, there were many. Johnnie Cochran did nothing wrong.

He was never insulting, he was never rude. As a defense attorney, I actually admired him.

Well put George, and you are right. Some still make my skin crawl though. At least he wasn't slimy like many that I know.

Default Re: Re: No joke...

No professional courtesy. Sorry Bou, just because his son is a law enforcement officer he gets off from criticism or comments?

I'd give him professional courtesy if he was a police officer himself.

Not trying to be mean, just stating my feelings.
    Thats cool, I'll go with that one.

-Bou

Johnny Cochran was one hell of a defense attorney. He got his start on the other side of the courtroom as a prosecutor. You know you have made it when they parody you on Seinfeld...remember the episode where Kramer wanted to sue a Starbucks like shop because he spilled hot cofee all over him while drving with a cofee cup between his legs(like the McDonald's coffee lawsuit...art imitating life).. Jackie Chiles (portrayed by Phil Morris) was the "Johnny Cochranesque" lawyer.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Hey Bou, while you're in an agreeing mood, can I get you to say that leather lids are cool or that Mini Me is your hero?

Seriously,

Cap you are dead on there. If you are mocked on a major television show, you know you've made it (SNL doesn't count.)

Many lawyers can only strive to defend their clients as well, properly, and respecteably as he did.

Default No...

Hey Bou, while you're in an agreeing mood, can I get you to say that leather lids are cool or that Mini Me is your hero?
    Not only no, but F-No...Leather belongs in the muesum and
    Mini-Me should fry. Hows that?

-Bou

Sharkie .........he aint goin for it.....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Originally posted by Weruj1
    Sharkie .........he aint goin for it.....
    I tried. I figured he agreed to one thing, I might be able to get him on at least one of the others. Can't blame a guy for trying.

Talking Ok.....

Compromise...Instead of frying Mini-Me, can we (or just me)
    kick him around some? Like a soccer ball?

Thread Information