Forum Member

Default PPE funding limits

What is thefunding limits for a complete set of PPE?
    Coats & Pants?
    Leather Boots?
    Helmets?

Just don't want to ask for too much.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

I am putting $1900.00 per set. This includes Helmets, coats, pants, hoods, gloves and boots. The dealer I got the price from said the best gear on the market is $1700.00 to $1900.00 a set. Dont forget the fudge factor incase of a price increase before your awarded. Thats where the $1900.00 comes in.

Good Luck

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Actually, your price should drop if you're awarded, you'll have cash in hand. If they try and raise it, shop somewhere else. I haven't found anyone that had a price go up on them after being awarded, not even for trucks. I'm sure it's happened, but when you're a cash paying customer for anything the price should go down.

MembersZone Subscriber

We requested $1500/set. Since have learned the limit was/is actually higher than that. But $1500 is more than sufficient if you bid agressively/then make the vendors cut the bid and throw in extras. We purchased pretty much the 2nd best level of pants/coats/helmets/gloves (IE not PBI/leather/kangaroo skin) which is quite sufficient. But also helmet shields & goggles, Rescuwrench, leather helmet shields, extrication gloves, personnal rappel webbing/caribiner, rechargable light for every man. We also purchase leather boots for every man (worth it highly recommend).

$1500 is more than sufficient unless you are just going to throw cash at the 1st salesman to walk thru the door. If you can justify (to your self) why PBI is needed you can sub that for the leather boots. You will appreciate the boots more. Or leave out all the misc stuff we originaly did not comtemplate having (but which is great for improving operations and for moral). Or add on $200 per set to go to PBI.

Thread Information