Thread: Hey For Nc

Smile Hey From NC

Hey from North Carolina. I'm to this board. My name is Christina. I have been a volunteer ff for 5years and EMT for 4 years. My husband has been a volunteer for almost 20years. My full time job is a 911 dispatcher for fire, EMS, rescue and sheriff dept. I like to hear from other ff.
    Last edited by EMTFIRE4141; 03-30-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Default hey for nc

I meant to say Hey from NC. I was trying to do several different things at one time. I was actually at work when I posted the last post.

unrepentant fool
    back home for the first time in MANY years

Hi there -- where are you at in the Tarheel state? What departments are you and your husband with?

I live just across the line in TN, but I'm an NC native and still volunteer over there.

Welcome on board.

Default HEY FROM NC

We are with Champion vfd in Wilkes county. Where are you from?

Forum Member

Welcome aboard and Enjoy!!!!..Great group of people with loads of knowledge here
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

unrepentant fool

Default Re: HEY FROM NC

Originally posted by EMTFIRE4141
    We are with Champion vfd in Wilkes county. Where are you from?
    I work over here in east TN (near Johnson City) and volunteer with Avery Ladder and Avery Rescue -- those are in Banner Elk and Elk Park, respectively.

Champion...not familiar with it. Where's that at in Wilkes? I used to know some gals from over around Wilkes County; let's not go any further than that, huh?

Champion is on Hwy 421 near Watauga County line. I don't know if you remember the fire about 5years ago on Buck Mtn we have approx 35 depts working that woods fire. That is now in our district.. We have 3 substations now..I have an aunt that lives in Mitchell County. We have to go through Banner Elk and Elk Park to get where she lives near the TN/NC line. I like to eat at the little restuarant in Elk Park. We haven't been there in a while..

unrepentant fool

I know that area, but I didn't know a name that was associated with it. Since 421 was improved, have y'all seen a change in the number of MVAs on that road? Just curious.

Don't recall that woods fire, but it sounds like it was a doozy.

I'm guessing you're talking about the Country House Restaurant, right? Home of the Big Biscuit? I grew up within walking distance of there. My rescue station isn't far away either.

We have had several but I really think that it is down some. Last October, we were working a wreck, waiting for the wrecker to get there all patients and drivers involved in the wreck were gone and then a drunk came along. The east bound lanes was closed so that the wrecker could get the first car flip back over.The drunk was running over 75mph hit a 4runner in the back knocked her over 150 ft. She then hit two ff/fr personal vehicles. Came real close to hitting several of our guys and troopers. He claimed he didn't see any of the emergency lights..One lane of traffic was stopped for over 2 miles and he couldn't tell if anything was going on.. We had 5 marked vehicles with blue lights, fire truck with red lights, and several ff/fr vehicles with red lights all activiated. We hadn't had many tractor trailer wrecks on the mtn lately...Thank God!!! They are either really bad or nothing to them..

I believe that is the name of the rest. Yes big biscuits...Might have to go there one Saturday morning that I'm off this month...

Thread Information