Cool Aerial Apparatus

Fellow Grant Writers,

I was just handed the job of doing a narrative for a new Aerial Apparatus. Would anybody be willing to send me an example of a successfull narrative. I have been lucky with Training, Wellness, Vehicle Exhaust and Communications proposals, so if I can help anybody else, please let me know.

Thanks is advance,

Bill
    FAX (530) 823-4155

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It wasn't awarded, but it wasn't denied until the last round in 2003. In 2004 it was "acquired" by a major manufacturer and posted as their own template for a grant truck they spec'd. At least until the phone call I made about copyright violations anyway...

www.firegraphics.org/grants.htm, Community VFD Quint.

To my knowledge it's been used as the basis for several successful quint and aerial grants in the past 2 years. Which doesn't bother me that they get it and we don't, we got the heavy rescue award the year before, and we finally got enough tax dough together to by the quint, so no big deal on not getting it then. Such is life.

Kinda late in the game to start working on such a project, don't lose too much sleep.

- Brian

Brain,

Thanks for the link...but I'm having a hard time getting it to work, I'll keep trying. Your not kidding about the late start, I was planning on a different program for this grant cycle, but our focus took a last minute change.

Thanks again,

Bill

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Click on the link, click Stop, then delete the ',' from the end of the URL. It pulled the comma into the URL.

Much better......thanks again.

Thread Information