Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default help starting an auxiliary

Hi,
    We are starting our first auxiliary and are having problems establishing boundries of our members.

Can anyone send me a copy of your departments by-laws or maybe rules and regs regarding your auxiliary.

ANYTHING would be GREATLY appreciated !

Click here to email me anything you can...

what type of auxilary are you referring to? and what capacity do you want them to be functioning in?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Default auxiliary

It is going to be a ladies auxiliary for support such as rehab and such on scene.
    they will also help with open houses, parties, etc...

Forum Member

What type of problems are you having ???? Does the fire department have explicit rules for who can do what and when they can do it, as well as what type of training is required to do it?

It would seem that if they spell out who can do what .. especially on the fireground... you should be able to develop your guidelines based on where thier's start and end.

Just a thought.

Default Ladies Auxiliary

We have a Ladies Auxiliary who provides food and beverages at major incidents, 24/7. They also help out at our open house, memorial service, larger meetings (annual or if we host a county meeting)and
    make a huge contribution in planning and setting up our installation of officers banquet.

Our Auxiliary has its oun set of by-laws and officers. Membership is a direct relationship to a department member, i.e. wife, daughter, mother. Girlfriends are out because they can change at any time. That's not to say that they can't help out.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Thread Information