Forum Member

Originally posted by scfire86

Bones...can't you recognize sarcasm?
    HA!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

"Does this mean New Mexico will be ocean front property in '07? Bring on the margaritas!!"

We already have the beach, wont have to walk so far to soak the tootsies!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by jaybird210
    I guess I find it curious the number he is using as a starting point (1776) is a number based on the life of Jesus Christ, whom the Muslims regard only as a Prophet, and not the Savior.

I know the Jewish people and the Chinese have a different way of reckoning years. Do the Muslims?
    We are currently in the year 5765
    The year number on the Jewish calendar represents the number of years since creation, calculated by adding up the ages of people in the Bible back to the time of creation. However, this does not necessarily mean that the universe has existed for only 5600 years as we understand years.
    http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Damn, I take a few weeks off and I come back to Noz and SC still being hypocritical.

Liberals Name Calling= Satire
    Conservatives Name Calling= Hate Speech

Why don't both of you find a nice rock to crawl under.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Massachusetts and Rhode Island just expeienced an earthquake on Tuesday! Could this be the beginning of all that predicted destruction?!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by RESERVE172
    Massachusetts and Rhode Island just expeienced an earthquake on Tuesday! Could this be the beginning of all that predicted destruction?!

Shhhhh! We're secretly pushing them off into the Atlantic. We tried to just carve Boston out with the big dig, but it hasn't worked yet.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

We had an earthquake here in MA?
    Ullrichk-That's just about what's happening with the big dig too...did anyone see/hear the story of the debris falling down inside the tunnel on several vehicles, including an AMR ambulance with a patient in it? "Supposedly" it was debris falling down an uncovered airshaft from road crews above...
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Anybody got a Koran handy?

In an attempt to find a reference to this metaphor in the Koran, Silwadi said he counted 1776 verses from the beginning of the Koran until he reached verse 26 of the Ibrahim Sura, which states: "And the parable of an evil word is as an evil tree pulled up from the earth's surface; it has no stability."
    But if we use the Jewish year, as posted previously by Robertsc:

We are currently in the year 5765.
    What would we get if we used that number for counting verses?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

You know, there's a reason Ronald Reagan vetoed that boondoggle in the 80s when Tip O'Neill was trying to ram it through. He said it would eat up money - and it did. Wehn it began in the early 90s it was supposed to cost like $2.5 Billion - it is now just shy of $15 Billion. Now Seattle wants to sink a road like the Big Pig........Er, I mean the Big Dig so they can blow another $15 Billion federal tax dollars.

As for the quake, Massachusetts will fall off into the Atlantic when California falls into the Pacific. Just so long as New Hampshire stays where it is, a beacon of logical folks amidst all that nutty stuff in the Northeast.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Originally posted by LeuitEFDems
    We had an earthquake here in MA?
    Yes, I heard it on the news. They played several 911 tapes from people calling to report it. They said it could be felt from Wareham to Westport. It was small but measurable, a 2.(?) something.

Forum Member

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    Damn, I take a few weeks off and I come back to Noz and SC still being hypocritical.

Liberals Name Calling= Satire
    Conservatives Name Calling= Hate Speech

Why don't both of you find a nice rock to crawl under.
    I beg to differ. My commentary isn't satire. It's the truth. I can easily defend my observations of norm just based on his postings.

And if you don't like what we have to say, you can do what norm does, pretend to put us on your 'ignore' list.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ignore List?....Nah

Now why would I do that? I am not afraid to debate you degenrates like Noz is. You wanna poke at someone's ignore list, go for his. He is the coward who can't take the heat and ignores everyone.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Thread Information