Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Good News for Noz-the US will cease to exist in 2007!

Mar. 29, 2005 3:22 | Updated Mar. 29, 2005 6:54
    Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007
    By KHALED ABU TOAMEH

A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.

"The tsunami waves are a minor rehearsal in comparison with what awaits the US in 2007," the researcher concluded in his study. "The Holy Koran warns against the Omnipotent Allah's force. A great sin will cause a huge flood in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans."

Silwadi, who is from the village of Silwad near Ramallah – the home of Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal – is not a world-renowned scholar. He said he decided to publish the findings of his research "out of a sense of responsibility because what is about to happen is extremely shocking and frightening."

His fear, he said, is that the world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US.

"It would be fair to say that the world would be better off with a US that is not a superpower and that does not take advantage of weak nations than a world where this country does not exist at all," he added."The world will certainly lose a lot if and when this disaster occurs because of the great services that American society has rendered to the economy, industry and science."

Silwadi said his study of the Koran showed that the US would perish mainly because of its great sins against mankind, including the Native Americans and blacks.

"As soon as the Europeans started arriving in the new world discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, they declared a war on the so-called Red Indians, the legitimate owners of the land," he wrote. "Then they began enslaving and humiliating Africans after kidnapping them from their countries and bringing them to America. Millions of blacks were brought to the US and treated with unprecedented harshness. Those who became ill during the journey were thrown overboard to feed the fish."

Silwadi pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II.

"International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing [the US], Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

Silwadi said he reached the conclusion that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, Silwadi noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.

The Narrative Sura, he noted, clearly suggests that the US will drown in the sea: "And Firon [Pharaoh] said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me And he was unjustly proud in the land, he and his hosts, and they deemed that they would not be brought back to Us. So We caught hold of him and his hosts, then We cast them into the sea, and see how was the end of the unjust [verses 38-40]."

Explaining his theory about the approaching extinction of the US, the scholar went on to analyze many numbers and letters mentioned in the Koran. He said a careful reading and analysis of words appearing in the Opening and Yusuf suras show that the US will exist for only 231 years.

How did he reach that number? Silwadi said that by combing a number of suras hinting at US sins he reached the numbers 1776 (the year the US achieved independence) and 231. He added the two numbers and the result was 2007, the year when the US is expected to disappear.

In his lengthy study, which is being circulated in many Muslim countries, Silwadi noted that the US has often been compared to a tree that grows very quickly and bears fruit, but has no roots.

In an attempt to find a reference to this metaphor in the Koran, Silwadi said he counted 1776 verses from the beginning of the Koran until he reached verse 26 of the Ibrahim Sura, which states: "And the parable of an evil word is as an evil tree pulled up from the earth's surface; it has no stability."

This news should really put the libs on cloud nine.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I Dunno, but it seems weird that one minute he is talking about Allah flooding the US, and the next, he's talking about the undesirable effects on the world economy if the US does get flushed.

If a Tsunami big enough to flood the North American Continent occurred, the world has a hell of a lot more to worry about than the value of the Dollar.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

Guess I better start my surfing lessons Or invest in a boat?
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

I guess I find it curious the number he is using as a starting point (1776) is a number based on the life of Jesus Christ, whom the Muslims regard only as a Prophet, and not the Savior.

I know the Jewish people and the Chinese have a different way of reckoning years. Do the Muslims?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

"As soon as the Europeans started arriving in the new world discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, they declared a war on the so-called Red Indians, the legitimate owners of the land," he wrote. "Then they began enslaving and humiliating Africans after kidnapping them from their countries and bringing them to America. Millions of blacks were brought to the US and treated with unprecedented harshness. Those who became ill during the journey were thrown overboard to feed the fish."
    A bad time in our past.

a tree that grows very quickly and bears fruit, but has no roots.
    Not true, we cut off our roots to make sidewalks.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

It has to be true...it was published in the Weekly World News!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

But Cap, that is as reputable a rag as the New York Times, Boston Globe, or LA Times.

Perhaps not as reputable as the Boston Phoenix though.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

That article is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. You sure it wasn't written by a liberal/communist?
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

I see that that the attribution was cut off. It came from the Jerusalem Post Online.

Default Re: Good News for Noz-the US will cease to exist in 2007!

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Mar. 29, 2005 3:22 | Updated Mar. 29, 2005 6:54
    Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007
    By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
    Only an idiot conservative would post something like this and give it a shred of credibility.

And after seeing the thread starter, I am only more convinced I am correct.

Thanks Norm for letting the entire board see what you're really made of.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

SC...can't you recognize sarcasm?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, come on everyone sing along IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT,
    IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, AND I FEEL FINE.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mental Note: Plan trip to Russia in 2007.
    Thanks
    DM

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Originally posted by MacInnis
    Mental Note: Plan trip to Russia in 2007.
    Don't worry, you don't have to go that far. Allah won't flood Canada, cause we apparently got all the muslim terrorists.

I've been thinking of moving to get closer to the coast. Now I guess I won't have to.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Of course not, Cap. He's another one on my Ignore List because of his obsession of arguing with everything I post. Speaks volumes that he was apparently the only one who didn't recognize it as sarcasm.

Arrow Change of plans......

Hmmmm. I guess I better be working on buying a HOUSEBOAT instead of a pontoon.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Given Cliff's previous postings, I don't believe it was sarcasm.

The man is both delusional and a liar.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Of course not, Cap. He's another one on my Ignore List because of his obsession of arguing with everything I post. Speaks volumes that he was apparently the only one who didn't recognize it as sarcasm.

What Norm really means:

I was continually getting my *** kicked because I couldn't support my positions with anything other than conjecture and anecdotes, so I had to throw in the towel. And if I continued, I stood a real possibility of being exposed for the wacko blowhard I am. So I told everyone I put him on my ignore list, even though I secretly read everything he posts.

Anyone want to wager that if this guy is allowed to carry a gun, he's told to carry the only bullet he's given in his pocket.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-04-2005 at 01:05 AM.

The man is both delusional and a liar.
    Easy now, SC...his computer might "crash" again and mess up his ignore list, allowing him to read your posts!

Thread Information