MembersZone Subscriber

Question Engineer promotion requirements

Our department is creating a new Engineer promotion process. Does anyone have sample eligibility requirements that they could share. All input is welcome. Also, this is for a career department, this might make a difference with the different testing requirements.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

Volley or paid, a skilled engineer is an extremely important part of the team operation. I would suggest that whatever promotional process you use, it included a minimum of a driving course which includes an apparatus inspection, a dry pump drafting evolution, a hydrant evolution, and a relay evolution, and at least three at the pump "friction loss calculation" evolutions involving both handline streams, master streams, and heavy streams (with elevation and appliances in the layout). Also a written test on apparatus checks, driving laws for emergency operations, and department sog's. If you are interested in my paid department's test procedure, drop me a line and I will get it to you (and yes I am a promoted via testing engineer).

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up testing

Thanks for your reply, and yes I would appreciate a copy of your testing procedures if you wouldn't mind. We are trying to work out a test that both the Admin. and Union agree on.

My email is devinef@cityoflacrosse.org

OR

Frank Devine
    La Crosse Fire Department
    726 5th Ave. South
    La Crosse, WI 54601

Thanks,
    Frank

Thread Information