Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Mens room or Womens room, tough choice.

I guess I'll be using which ever restroom I want too as long as I tell everyone that day I "identify" as a woman. I think this is a sign of the apocolapse!

Transgender Group Reaches Agreement on Restrooms
    By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE

NY Times
    Published: April 2, 2005

When Pauline Park watched Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg sign an amendment toughening the city's anti-discrimination laws two years ago, she never expected to become one of its first beneficiaries.

But yesterday, a complaint filed by Ms. Park - a co-chairwoman of the New York Association for Gender Rights Advocacy, which helped lobby for the amendment to the New York City Human Rights Law - became part of the first settlement issued under it. The amendment forbids discrimination based on sexual identity whether or not it differs from a person's biological sex.

Advertisement

The settlement, administered by the city's Commission on Human Rights, found that people working for Advantage Security, a New York security guard company, discriminated against Ms. Park when they demanded to see her identification after she used a women's restroom at the Manhattan Mall in Herald Square last April.

She said that she had been having lunch with friends and was "taken aback" when five guards - four men and a woman - stopped her after she used the restroom a second time that day. The first time occurred without incident, she said.

"They encircled me in a very menacing and hostile stance," Ms. Park said.

"The female security guard demanded to know, 'Are you a man or a woman?' " Ms. Park said. "I said to her that I identify as a woman. And she said, 'One of my colleagues thought you were a man.' "

The settlement also covered a second incident involving the same company at a different location.

Last March, an Advantage Security guard asked Justine Nicholas for identification after she came out of a women's restroom in a Manhattan office building where she was taking the Graduate Record Examination.

Like Ms. Park, Ms. Nicholas was born male but identifies herself and lives as a woman.

Under the terms of the settlement, Advantage Security will adopt and enforce a policy allowing people to use bathrooms "consistent with their gender identity," said Michael D. Silverman, executive director and general counsel for the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, which represented the two complainants before the commission. The company will also pay $2,500 to each complainant.

Ms. Park said she was pleased with the settlement.

In a statement released by the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, Ms. Nicholas said that she had been "humiliated" by the incident and that the case would "increase the public's awareness of transgender people's needs."

Officials at Advantage Security did not return several telephone calls seeking comment.

The commission's chairwoman, Patricia L. Gatling, said that the settlement "sends a message that discrimination in any form will not be tolerated in our city."

Give me a break....

Fred, how about you and I go to the nearest university's girl's locker room and go inside when the swim team comes in. I mean, I can pretend to identify as a woman for obvious benefit
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fred, how about you and I go to the nearest university's girl's locker room and go inside when the swim team comes in. I mean, I can pretend to identify as a woman for obvious benefit

I'm in!!!

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Red face

Coming soon to a facility near you. A choice of 3 bathrooms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

FFFRED..It's kind of like the Squad guys on my job..we're not really an engine, and we're not a truck. We do anything.

Len:

While you may not 'feel' like an engine, you have all of an engine's components, so that makes you: AN ENGINE, albeit a non-conformist one at that.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Gentlemen and ladies,

Here's the problem, your plan to go to the university will fail simply because if you are not part of a recognized "protected" group or are a card carrying memeber of the ACLU.

There was a case like this with the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority) a few years ago where they had to blow thousands of dollars to make a third bathroom for a "transgendered" worker. Isn't it wonderful how well our tax dollars are being spent?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Just when I thought I had heard it all!!!

I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

I wonder how many perverts are going to see this and think "hey, all I have to do is dress like a girl and I can use the ladies room? COOOOL!! And I can hide my video camera in my purse!"

Coming soon to a website near you "womens restroom cam".

Nice
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Sorry SpartanGuy I was a little vague.They say They're not an engine or truck. As a member of Rescue 1,we called them "the junior varsity". Or a glorified engine company.

Unbelievable........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

So if I identify as a minority can I take advantage of "diversity initiatives" and get on with FDNY? Hell, I could score in the bottom 50% - wait, that's another thread.

In the words of Steve Martin, "I was born a poor black child. . ."
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

MembersZone Subscriber

You really don't want to go into the women's room. The lines usually wrap around so far I can't even see into the restroom. Maybe I should start using the men's room (it's the whole urinal thing that would stop me-if all the potties had doors, I might do it in a pinch).

dang .........and ROFLMAO @ ullrichk
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

So what you are all saying is ......it's wrong to use the public washroom of the opposite sex???? Damn, guess I better tell my bladder that, cuz if the ladies room is full up or the line up is too long I have no qualms about marching my female self into the guys bathroom to use the facilities. The men that I've encountered while doing this have been pretty good natured about the whole deal. I'm not in there to check them out, I just wanna pee !!!!!!
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

PFire,

You're right, men never seem to care if a woman enters the men's room, 'cuz we understand that when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

The chicks........excuse me female-americans..........get all bent out of shape and call the cops (not from personal experience) if a guy has to go and goes into the ladies room. Hey, I gotta go.

SO my question here is thus....In this new law do the restrooms have to have both a urinal and comode? I mean if you change your mind about what gender you want to be that day, what are you going to do if only one of them is there?

If you only put in a comode, then you have another women's room. If you put in both, you have another men's room. Either way, am I allowed to use said room as well, or is it only for the sexually confused? (in which case I say look between your legs, see if you've got indoor or outdoor polumbing and there's your gender )
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

I "stood guard" one day when my wife used the men's room as the stalls in the ladies room were both "in use" We were on our way home from a vacation in Virginia and stopped for a bite to eat off of I-95 in VA. We were using the restrom before hitting the road.

As she came out of the stall, an older gentlemean who was entering the rest room of the restaurant looked at her and said "hey, this is the men's room!"

Wifey said "I know, I haven't had the "operation" yet".

The look on his face was a Homer Simpson "d'oh" moment... I was almost rolling on the floor laughing my arse off!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

It happens all the time at concerts... I was standing in line at a concert (in the mens room) about to bust my bladder when the door to the stall opened up and there stood this beautiful blonde who was still in the process of pulling up and zipping up her jumpsuit exited the stall..... She simply said..."hope you dont mind...I am hurrying up and figured I could get dressed as I was leaving so you could go!"

Have seen many cases where the women enter the men's room to "go."

Also went rolling into a bathroom at a rest area in Fla once and saw a guy standing with his back to the urinal and there was a lady behind him, backed up to the urinal, bent over with her skirt up in the back using the urinal.... Her husband looked at me and said..."all the stalls are full."
    Last edited by captstanm1; 04-04-2005 at 12:53 PM.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information