Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Hand me downs, and trades.

Being very familiar with hand me down equipment, I thought maybe others are needing things that another department would like to get rid of. For years,we have almost completely equipped our station with donated or traded equipment, from nozzles all the way up to apparatus. More recently, we had a "better luck streak", and found our selves actually needing to find a home for some old, but descent equipment. It was a great feeling to help another department, since we are usually on the receiving end, but some items hung around too long, and finally, due to lack of room, wound up in the dumpster. This was not such a good feeling, since somewhere, there is probably someone who wishes they had some of that, or one of those. Naturally, we all take care of our neighboring departments first, but when they don't need, or know of someone who needs certain items, what do you do with it? Help out another Maine Fire Department, by using this forum.

Post your needed or surplus equipment.

Forum Member

We need a bigger station. Ok,seriously, heres a list of some surplus equipment that will be available for trade, or possibly to be donated to a good home.

2 ICOM model F4E UHF portable radios with chargers.

1 large red bar light with rotators. Can't remember model.

6 ISI Magnum 2216 SCBAs, with 30 minute bottles, plastic cases, and various Scott 2216 spare bottles. The ISI SCBAs and bottles are 5 years old, and are in like new condition. We also have the ISI " Flo Go " flow test kit, tool kit, operation and repair manuals, and some spare service parts.

We need a 6 x 6 butterfly valve in good condition.

Thread Information