Forum Member

It's unbelievable. It's also completely irrational.
    It has even crept into Devils games.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Talking

TODAY IS OPENING DAY FOR THE RED SOX AT FENWAY PARK! It's 45 degrees, it's a beautiful, sunny day in Boston, The Sox are playing the Yankees and best of all, they get their World Series banner and rings!!! No matter where you live, what a great day to be a Boston Red Sox fan!!!
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

After a wonderful and yes, even classy ceremony celebrating the Red Sox 2004 season, the Sox also handled the Yanks 8-1 in their Fenway home opener.

One highlight of the day happened in the game when A-Rod committed his second error of the season (both against the Sox) and allowed the game to get away from the Yanks. . Another was in the opening ceremony, when the fans gave a round of (sarcastic) applause to Mariano Rivera but a genuine and sincere applause to Yankees Manager Joe Torre. It was a good day.

Both the Red Sox and Yankees are 3-4 after 7 games to start the 2005 season.

Good video of the Ring Ceremony can be found at:
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Talking

I know it's very early in the season and that this is not likely to last very long but isn't it great to see the Yankees and the Red Sox tied for last place in the American League East.

MembersZone Subscriber

Red Sox announce open bidding to convert Box Seats to Cage Seats.

MembersZone Subscriber

You don't see such action by the fans in NY.......anymore
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You don't see such action by the fans in NY.......anymore

Riot police in Game 6 last year tended to quiet 'em down, eh?

Man...talk about games with too much testerone, adrenaline, and alcohol. Wonder how alcohol consumption at European soccer riots compare to American ball-parks...
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Default This fan sucks

How embarassing! All it takes is one drunken idiot to ruin it for the rest of us. He does NOT symbolize a true Red Sox fan.

I hope they take away this a**holes seasons tickets as well as his beer "tossing" buddy. They are both lucky Sheffield didn't pull an Artest and kick the crap out of them. Kudos to Fenway Park security for literally jumping in to prevent this.

It's too bad these two fans couldn't control themselves in what was otherwise another great Red Sox/Yankees matchup.

Dalmation90 ---I think we'll be hearing about this one for a while.

MembersZone Subscriber

Random thoughts:

1. An assault is intentionally striking another person. The fan intentionally swung his arm at Sheffield and hit him. It is not much different than what happened in the bullpen last year. The fan should be charged. Boston double standard.

2. There was a Boston reporter that I heard interviewed on Mike and Mike yesterday stating how the anti-Yankee obsession of most Sox fans is a borderline psychological disorder. He is right.

3. Look at the reaction of the idiot who puched Sheffield and the dozen or so fans around him. High fiving, laughing, etc. and tell me that he didn't do that on purpose.

4. My favorite guy was the typical Boston fan in the GAP shirt. Throws a beer at Sheff, mouths off, but when Sheff comes back he falls over himself trying to run away like a little girl.

5. The security guard did a great job. However, you can see him looking over his shoulder for those brave BPD guys who were so eager to get involved in the bullpen fight. Where were they? It took them a long time to get there. The first couple of guys there were 50 year old brass. When they got there, they were pushing the players. Seems to me they should have been in the stands all along.

6. This would never have happened in Yankee Stadium.

On Friday, callers to Boston Sports Talk Radio shows condemned the actions of these fans, I mean thugs. Some season ticket holders called and said these guys and that section have been trouble in the past.
    Other callers claimed they knew Chris House( the one who took the swipe) and said he is a nice guy who was making a mock attempt to scoop up the ball.
    Either way, this guy was out of line and should have his tickets revoked.
    He was ejected and removed from the ballpark but not arrested. The last time I checked, fan interference wasn't a criminal offense, just a bonehead thing to do.

quote:
    6.This would never have happened in Yankee Stadium.

I know of at least a few people who aren't so sure of this. Hence the police in riot gear in game 6 against the Red Sox. Anything at any time is possible with these two teams and their fans.
    Never is a strong word.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think George's tongue was planted firmly in his cheek with that "Never".

Forum Member

"Too bad" BOTH teams are going nowhere fast..See ya in 2006 !
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

It's still very early in the season, Mikey. The Pale Hose are leading in the AL Central, while the Cubbies are mired deep in the den of the NL Central division. Its kind of hard to predict the season from a mere 11 games played to date....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I am just being stirring it up a bit Cap. The poor Cubbies are already cooked too ! Pitching wins the big ones, and my Sox are looking good so far.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

I have never followed baseball that much, but this year I WILL attend my first major league game. Sometime over the summer I'm going to take a drive down to Seattle and take in a Mariner's game. Now I just have to figure out where the stadium is and how to get there LOL.

Take me out to the ball game..........
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

The Clipper docks right near the stadium Jenn.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Thanks Mike, but I don't think that I'll take the Clipper. I have an Aunt on the mainland and a friend in Puyallup and I'm thinking I may make a few days of it when I go, so I'll be driving. I don't mind that drive actually.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Well anyway, the stadium is right on the water in Downtown Seattle
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

OK thanks !!! Shouldn't be too hard to find then, huh? Drive til ya see water and then look for a big stadium, yeah I can do that LOL

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by PFire23
    OK thanks !!! Shouldn't be too hard to find then, huh? Drive til ya see water and then look for a big stadium, yeah I can do that LOL
    If you get wet, you turned the wrong way!

Disillusioned Subscriber

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I have to agree. How stupid would it be to be a Bosox fan and smack Sheffield in Yankee Stadium? If it were to ever happen, I bet I could find bugs on my windshield that had received less trauma.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Originally posted by Steamer
    I have to agree. How stupid would it be to be a Bosox fan and smack Sheffield in Yankee Stadium? If it were to ever happen, I bet I could find bugs on my windshield that had received less trauma.
    Very clever interpretation of words.

Thumbs up Red Sox management does the right thing!

The Red Sox have announced that because of his unsportsman-like actions, they are revoking the season tickets of the "Sheffield Fan", Chris House. He will be reimbursed for the unused portion of the season. Although he claims he never made contact with Sheffield, he is barred from all Red Sox home games the rest of this season.

Also barred from Fenway Park for the rest of this season is the un-named fan who "tossed" his beer on Sheffield.

I applaud Red Sox management and owners for doing what was necessary to send a message to those fans that will not or can not control themselves at a game.

Forum Member

no we just throw batteries lol

BUT I STILL LOVE MY YANKEES !!

Thread Information