+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

How many of you said David Wells was done? Come on Yankees fans, fess up.

Or, how many said, there is NO WAY David Wells will be a Boston Red Sox, after he himself admitted to hating pitching at Fenway Park and actually offered to "throw the switch" if they ever decided to blow the place up?

Well, how many of you actually thought he might be the result of the end of the curse? Yes, the curse is over and the Yankees are in last place!(Yes, I know it's early) but Please, go look at his stats. for Wednsday nights game against the high powered Baltimore Orioles. 8 strong innings, with no runs and 5 strikeouts. I believe he is now 2-2 on the sesason with an ERA <4 (not bad considering it was 9 not long ago).

Yes, by today's standards he may be fat, BUT, after 18 years in MLB, the fat man can still pitch!!! Go Red Sox!
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Default Re: Red Sox management does the right thing!

Originally posted by RESERVE172
    The Red Sox have announced that because of his unsportsman-like actions, they are revoking the season tickets of the "Sheffield Fan", Chris House. He will be reimbursed for the unused portion of the season. Although he claims he never made contact with Sheffield, he is barred from all Red Sox home games the rest of this season.

Also barred from Fenway Park for the rest of this season is the un-named fan who "tossed" his beer on Sheffield.

I applaud Red Sox management and owners for doing what was necessary to send a message to those fans that will not or can not control themselves at a game.
    Bob Watson, baseball's VP in charge of discipline, announced that Yankees outfielder Gary Sheffield won't be punished for his role in the scuffle.

Why not?

Granted, the fan started it but Sheffield is far from innocent. He fielded the ball but instead of throwing it in right away, he shoved the fan, with the ball in his glove, with both arms. Only then did he throw the ball in and showed restraint by not going after the fan again.

His actions may have been "reactionary", but his decision to physically push the fan is as unsportsman-like as the fans actions. Both the fan and player were wrong and both should be disciplined. It is not good to take away this fans seasons tickets without giving the player a game or two suspension. What kind of message does this send around MLB? Does anyone else think this is dangerously unfair?
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Red Sox management does the right thing!

Originally posted by RESERVE172
    Bob Watson, baseball's VP in charge of discipline, announced that Yankees outfielder Gary Sheffield won't be punished for his role in the scuffle.

Why not?

Granted, the fan started it but Sheffield is far from innocent. He fielded the ball but instead of throwing it in right away, he shoved the fan, with the ball in his glove, with both arms. Only then did he throw the ball in and showed restraint by not going after the fan again.

His actions may have been "reactionary", but his decision to physically push the fan is as unsportsman-like as the fans actions. Both the fan and player were wrong and both should be disciplined. It is not good to take away this fans seasons tickets without giving the player a game or two suspension. What kind of message does this send around MLB? Does anyone else think this is dangerously unfair?
    In a word NO.

Although I am far from a Gary Sheffield fan, I don't believe he should receive any punishment for his part in this. The fact that he did show restraint was surprising and I would have to say that most players would not have.

Congrats to the league and to Red Sox brass for getting it right for a change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information