Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Permanently Removed AsstEngineer292's Avatar

Default None left,all graduated

Well on April3,2005 the final explorer firefighter graduated to a junior firefighter, no more explorers. We have 21 certified firefighters inclduing the line officers and 3 juniors. WE NEED MORE EXPLORERS lol.

Thats how the post in our dept goes. We have I think 14 people right now. I think all but 4 are 18 or almost 18. The FD is about to get nice big influx of new FF's... and the explorer post is going be scrounging. It comes in phases.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

I agree with you on the phase part no doubt. But everyone in our area think's this job is all about riding the engines and playing wiht the sirens and it's not. It's about dedicating your life and time to go save someone elses. Some of the younger people don't think ti can be educating and fun at the same time and this is a VERY VERY educating job and can be fun at times, if they respect one another and don't cause conflicts.

Last year, 2 graduated, this year, 2 (including myself) will graduate. It is a never-ending cycle, luckily in the last 4 months we have gained 3 members to help keep things going, and there is 1 other who has a good amount of time under us.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

We had two explorers get hired this past monday and we are kinda low on explorers (6 maybe 7 if we are lucky) .

Who's got good ideas on recruiting???
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Get a commitee and make some posters,send a little flyer out to your community in the mail. E-mail people you know of. Put up flyers at the local convienent stores,your school, the township hall.

... write something for the school newspaper. I am the Editor-In-Chief of mine; and I am currently writing an article on Fire Service Exploring.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Default Many Leaving Not getting many

From the origainl group of people that started the program are all gone. I have the most senioroty out of anyone in the program. However the membership is starting to dwindle quickly because everyone will soon turn eighteen. The problem is that their is not enough membership drivers. If you are need members don't expect them to come to you. Unless you do alot of advertising and have alot of functions hosted by the exploers/jrs then most people don't know about it and most people won't think that is it something fun to do. What everyone has to do if they want news members is go to your schools and search for them ask people talk the program up. Just remember that firefighting is not for everyone but you have to make it look intresting to people in order to have the join. This is a major problem that we are facing now. However there are some people joining but not anywhere near the amount the rosters holds. On the membership roster right now we have about 15-20 people and about 10 people show up regulary. Over the next few months my group will lose apprx 3 people and over the past year we have lost about 4 or 5 . So go out and have a membership drive and present the program in a way that would get someone attention. I don't if you wanted the advice or needed it but that is what I am trying to set up right now.
    Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

Default Many Leaving Not getting many

From the origainl group of people that started the program are all gone. I have the most senioroty out of anyone in the program. However the membership is starting to dwindle quickly because everyone will soon turn eighteen. The problem is that their is not enough membership drivers. If you are need members don't expect them to come to you. Unless you do alot of advertising and have alot of functions hosted by the exploers/jrs then most people don't know about it and most people won't think that is it something fun to do. What everyone has to do if they want news members is go to your schools and search for them ask people talk the program up. Just remember that firefighting is not for everyone but you have to make it look intresting to people in order to have the join. This is a major problem that we are facing now. However there are some people joining but not anywhere near the amount the rosters holds. On the membership roster right now we have about 15-20 people and about 10 people show up regulary. Over the next few months my group will lose apprx 3 people and over the past year we have lost about 4 or 5 . So go out and have a membership drive and present the program in a way that would get someone attention. I don't if you wanted the advice or needed it but that is what I am trying to set up right now.
    Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

Thread Information