MembersZone Subscriber

Default Extrication Suits

Anyone have a succesful narrative for Extrication suits, this will be our first year applying and any help would be great.

Thanks!
    Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
    www.tvfd.org

Forum Member

Our department runs a fire department and Rescue squad. We put in for wildland suits but budget enough money to move up and by the extercation suits. After talking to a sales rep. we found out that the only difference in the two suits was that the extercation suits had a few more pockets and padding in the knees and shoulders plus the extercations suits have triple trim. The triple trim on the wildland jump suits was opitional. Both suits meet NFPA regs for wildland suits or that is what is was told. So if you was going to put in for extercations suits i would go for the wildland side of it and would also tell that the suits would have dual functions as extercation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the advice but I don't believe they would go for our EMS agency applying for wilderness gear

thanks for the reply though,

If anyone has any narrative for PPE or for Extrication suits i could review i would be grateful.

Thanks

Andrew
    Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
    www.tvfd.org

Thread Information