Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Calgary Fire Department Information

I am wondering if you guys can help me out. I am in Kelowna, BC and I have an interview coming up with the Calgary Fire Department. I am doing some research on the department and unfortunately cannot make it up before my interview to visit some of the fire halls. I hope you guys will be able to help me with some of the answers to my questions. I've looked on the Calgary Fire Department website and haven't been able to find the answers, perhaps I am looking in the wrong spot. So if anyone knows where I can get my answers or would just care to share them that would be awesome. I am looking for answers to:

Name of the Fire Chief and how long he has been there for?

Names of Assistant Fire Chiefs and their role (prevention, suppression, etc)

Total number of fire suppression staff? Total on-duty staff?

Number of fire halls?

Busiest station?

Number of engines, ladders, rescue trucks?

Specialized equipment (hazmat, aerials, etc)?

Specialized teams (high angle, water, etc)?

Total number of calls last year? Average per year? Number of fires?

Thanks in advance for any information you guys provide.

Aaron Brouwer
    Whatever it takes, NO MATTER THE SACRIFICE!!!!

Never Forget 9/11

Default CFD

ed jr

If you cant find any of that information on the
    CFD website, obviously you dont want it that bad
    and your not looking very hard because CFD has one
    of the most informative websites.
    www.calgaryfire.ca = a wealth of info

Unhappy

Man I feel liked a turd. I searched and searched all over the calgary website for information and couldn't find any. Today I look and I found most of the information I was looking for.
    Whatever it takes, NO MATTER THE SACRIFICE!!!!

Never Forget 9/11

Default CFD interview

Just want to clear some things up about gaining FD information pre-interview. Interviewers do ask what you know about the Department and if you can come up with some facts about the trucks and halls or the Chief's name that NICE. Many don't even take the time to do this level of research, so that step shows some initiative. The real winner though is the candidate who has a handle on the issues within the fire service. Especially ones being discussed in the stations at that particular department, at that particular time. What is happening that the crews are concerned about? What is the atmosphere and station talk all about? Decorum?(or lack there of)Big credit is given to those who understand what they are getting themselves into rather then the ones who have seen the movies and think the job looks cool.

Thread Information