Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post grants and money

Hello,
    I'm pretty new to the field of firefighting and EMS. I am currently on a volunteer fire department and we do not have a lot of money. I am trying to find somewhere or somebody who might know where I could apply for grants and even write essays that kind of thing? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Tommy H.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

You've got just over 24 hours to apply for the 2005 FireACT Grant program, the deadline for applications is 5pm EST on Friday April 8th. Depending on your first due population there is also another program just introduced by DHS for homeland security type equipment.

Otherwise, there is a publication on the US Fire Administration web site (www.usfa.fema.gov) called Funding Alternatives for Fire and EMS Departments that lists all available Federal and State programs for funding.

Both myself, dixiechicknc (Alana), chiefgrant (Kurt), and a few others around here are compensated grant writers, and I'm sure there's more lurking in the background. Rodney Slaughter teaches seminars with success also. www.dragonflynet.com is his web site.

I think www.chiefsupply.com/grants/ is Kurt's site, www.firegraphics.org/grants.htm is mine, www.yourgrantwriter.com is Alana's.

Happy hunting. - Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Thank you for your help. I will not have time to sign up for the fireACT grant because I still have to talk to my chief. I was wondering if yuo could give me more information about the grant writting you had mentioned/ Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Tommy H

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Shoot me an email with questions and I'll answer as best I can.

brianv@firegraphics.org

Thread Information