Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default To any of those who waited til the last hours - Server Down?

I'm having problems logging in. Is the server down?

Unhappy You Aren't Kidding

Unfortunately, I too am a procrastinator. And I can not get into the web site either. I think I may have learned a valuable lesson though.

Amanda

MembersZone Subscriber

Now I know it's not me.

If anyone can successfully log in , please post. I have to be on the road in the morning and will not have internet access most of the day.

I'm not able to log on either. this sucks. I have everything done but to submit it, I wanted to recheck some figures before I submitted it.!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

It was down over 7 1/2 hrs. Valuable lesson my behind...they should extend by that long. If you have a deadline, means you have up to the time to submit. Departments who are waiting on other sourcs for info (quotes, facts and figures) can sometimes not make them go any faster. After all, every supply company in the world is giving quotes right now. Have 3 departments that waited over 3 weeks for specs. No good.

Everyone should politely ask for them to acknowledge the down time of 7+ hours (which is ridiculous)...and offer a 7 hour extension.

BTW, it's back up...

Forum Member

Wink

This seems to happen every year so this is why I started getting prices in January. When the apps opened up, we were ready to go.

MembersZone Subscriber

I do not recall crash last year. I wrote our grant the night before it was due and don't recall system being down. In 2002 there were all many problems and they extended the deadline.

MembersZone Subscriber

The app system is certainly moving in slow motion. Any bets will go down again today? I wonder if this indicates more apps than last year/or than expected? As ir recall last year the system was slow the night before until the work day Friday started (all the vol. went off to their real jobs). Perhaps in a couple hours things will speed up.

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

I knew that we went ahead and hit the magic button for some reason.
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber

There was a crash last year, like for 2 or 3 hours in middle of day, when everyone was working. I had departments calling Congress and Senators. You know what they said? Fax it in? LOL...Yeah, right. That won't work, politicians....

They were of no help. But I do wish we got those 7 hours back of work time...

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks they be bogged down again. Just as about to submit.

The server is not down........It is just full.... I spoke with one of the folks there today reference an issue with something pertaining to another grant and he said that if it was any slower it would be going backwards. Also indicated they were getting calls saying that it was hard to log on...

It took almost 10 minutes for me to send a report after I clicked "send"
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thumbs down

I also had problems trying to submit my application all day long. When I called for assistance I was told to just keep trying. It turns out that the server never did allow me to submit my application before the deadline. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, were you given any other information about what to do?

I hated to wait until the last day but I had a price quote that didn't arrive until this morning. Guess I learned a valuable lesson today.

In the future do not worry about getting hard price quotes. Unless they are reputable sales guys like myself, they do not hurry to get you quotes if they know you are not buying right now. Just tell them what you are doing on the phone and get a "ball park" price and then estimate high. Besides...you do not have to have those quotes when you submit.... Just use estimates....

Sorry you missed out..
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information