Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Cool For you Thunderbird Fans....

I was bored the other day and yahooed! the USAF Thunderbirds. Some cool pix, enjoy!

http://www.airforce.com/thunderbirds/libraryimages.htm
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Default Your honor, I must strenuously object......

Maybe it is because I am partial to the Blue Angels for so many reasons, I must submit for your viewing pleasure (in the interest of being fair) the Blue Angels.........

http://www.navy.com/blueangels

http://www.navy.com/jsp/explore/comu...p?cid=28&pid=2
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

I have a loaded, paid for, '88 Thunderbird with just under 61K miles on it
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

As a kid I didn't like Thunderbird, Tango was more my taste.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

C'mon Boys, there is only one 9-aircraft demonstration team in North America. These are the boys to watch.

SnowBirds

The Snowbirds are celebrating their 35th Anniversary this year and to date have flown for over 116 million spectators across North America.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Good job, Marty! I was on that site earlier today but got distracted doing the kiddie thing and didn't get a chance to post the link LOL. Had time to check out a few of the pics first though!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

I have seen the Snowbirds. Just doesn't cut the mustard for me. Sorry bud.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    I have seen the Snowbirds. Just doesn't cut the mustard for me. Sorry bud.
    The Snowbirds fly the CT-114 "Tutor", a twin seat single engined subsonic aircraft designed for flight training. There are 22 of the CT114's in the CAF inventory.

The Thunderbirds fly the F-16 Falcon, a single engine supersonic aircraft. The Blue Angels fly the FA-18 Hornet, a twin engine, supersonic.

Being an airplane nut and student pilot, I have seen all three aerobatic teams perform. You think it takes "cojones" to enter a burning building? Try flying wingtip to wingtip or head to head at 600+ MPH!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking It's all good.

I've seen the Thunderbirds two or three times but would like to see the Blue Angels one of these days.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

FF2BKE,

Click the link to the Blue Angels site and you can get their schedule. Well worth the trip, just to see the Blues. When I was stationed in Pensacola, FL in the Corps, I used to watch them do their practice runs a few times a month and NEVER tired of it.

Cap, talk about weird, you ever see "Fat Albert" do its takeoff with the JATO packs? Just to watch a C-130 go almost vertical is insane.

Cap,

You ought to take a trip to Pensacola. They have a top notch museum - the National Museum of Naval Aviation. Planes, helicopters, jets, fighters, bombers, PBYs, from all eras from the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. You'd love it. Never seen more beautiful beaches in my life either.

http://naval.aviation.museum/intro.html

If you time your trip right, you can watch the Blues do thier practice shows (exact same show they do at an air show, but much smaller crowd) and it is for free. You being a Captain, and a firefighter - I know how cheap you can be.

Default gotta little grapefruit juice Artie?

Shake it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Cool

Aw man yes! T-Birds are a sight to behold. Haven't seen the Blues in person, but know that they are unbelievably tight! Being an Airforce Brat and spent the majority of my life either on or near Bases, I have seen the "birds" quite a few times. Even when the F-16 lost it's Turkey feathers on take-off during a show here in Columbus. That will make your hair stand up on end.
    You can't force me away from an airshow. It never gets old. Never.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Originally posted by spearsm
    You can't force me away from an airshow. It never gets old. Never.
    DITTO! I just love airshows. Naturally, the acrobatics of a fighter group in tight formation is spectacular, but I enjoy all the aircraft and delicate skills of their pilots/crew.

BUT...my heart remains true to the B-17 Flying Fortress. Our WWII generation are, without a doubt, "The Greatest Generation." Support our troops! Lest we forget.

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes...ng_fortress.pl
    Last edited by skyraider; 04-11-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Here'sa link for all of you aircraft fanatics. The Collings Foundation, based in Stow, Massachusetts has quite a collection of warbirds, including the only B-24 Liberator still flying and an F-4 Phantom!

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm

Enjoy!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

former FH.com member

I have seen both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels perform, both teams are spectacular. I had the opportunity to go up in an F-16 once, it was unbelievable. The wing commander took me up and let me fly a bit, then he took over and pounded on me until I G-LOC'ed at 7.9G's. I have the utmost respect for Fighter Pilots...they are every bit as tough as Jakes...maybe even a little crazier!

Me and the Boss.

Ok, and this little lever will eject me right!?!?

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Cool!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Talking

hey 46, were you grunting? Tell me....did you Black out or Red out?
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Cool Thunder over Marlborough!

A flight of four F-15 Strike Eagles flew over "our faire city" a few times today while waiting to do the flyby for the home opener at Fenway Park.

The sight and sound was spectacular!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Here'sa link for all of you aircraft fanatics.
    DADGUMMIT, CaptainGonzo!!! I wish I would have known about this last year...I missed them. I'll have to wait patiently. Thanks for passing the link along...it's bookmarked! Andrews' show is coming soon, though.

former FH.com member

Originally posted by spearsm
    hey 46, were you grunting? Tell me....did you Black out or Red out?
    Blacked out. Actually my vision got gray at first and tunneled down to a pinpoint, then the good Colonel lit the burners and pulled harder....that was all she wrote. I was doing the valsava manuever and grunting/straining like a m'f'er, but I just couldn't make it through 8G's. Curiously enough I didn't puke until after we went wings level and headed for home. Good thing I had a small breakfast. I have a recording and video of the flight, the audio is some funny stuff.

Thread Information