Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JD Gators

Forum Member

Default JD Gators

How many depts have John Deere Gators? My dept is looking at getting one, or something like it, to use on brush fires when we cant get a brush truck somewhere. Just wanted to know how everyone felt about them.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

we have 3 Gators total....and they are great...we get called mutual aid several times a year with other local depts. cause they don't have them....we have built the pump systems our self......JD makes a slide in fire rig skid for them I belive but it is very pricey....if ya loook at the links you will see pictures of 2 of our gators....the 3rd one we have not had that long so we do not have pictures up yet

http://www.williamsoncountyfiredistrict.org/page13.html

http://www.williamsoncountyfiredistrict.org/page15.html

these things will put a ton of fire out in a hurry...and save alot of man power, If ya have more questions gimme a holler

Mike

We purchased a Polaris Ranger 6x6 and it works great! It has 80 gallons of water, 2 booster lines, gas pump, place for backboard, radio and emergency light. It can go through anything!! We took it through 10" of mud twice the other day to get to an area that was burning. If you are interested in seeing it contact me and we will set up a time to check it out.
    it won't let me attach a pic because it is on another post. Get me your email and I'll email it to you.
    Lilyogi

Last edited by Weruj1; 04-10-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

iceman_87_o5@yahoo.com

I will ask the chief if he wants to take a look at yours lilyogi. Your in Erie correct? Amboy has one two but we didnt get a very close look at it.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

our neighor dept has a 6x6 that is one of the best things that i have seen yet it too gets requested for ma when the fields start burnin. might wanna contact colona to check it out.

MembersZone Subscriber F52Westside's Avatar

We just bought one recently. A JD 4x4, and we are just geting to use it. So far it is getting a better than expected round of support. It is much more than a "glorified golf cart". Ours has a skid for fires and an EMS skid.

This photo was before the skids were delivered.

Station 1 Apparatus
    Last edited by F52Westside; 04-12-2005 at 10:04 AM.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information