FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs down Oh Canada,Part II

April 10, 2005 -- "The tower just collapsed, and I got out! Please send somebody!" "Captain Hannon and four D.C. guys are inside . . . They're not out yet!" "United 93, we understand you have a bomb on board . . . American 10-6, we just lost a target on that aircraft."
    A Canadian company is reaping a profit from these and other anguished voices as they rang out on 9/11 from the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and United Airlines Flight 93 and that has survivors and families who lost loved ones in the 2001 terror attacks calling for a federal investigation.
    Vancouver's Mailbox Library has packaged emergency radio dispatches into a CD titled "September 11 9/11 Day of Terror!" and is hawking it online for $4.99.
    The company boasts that it includes "the final disturbing radio transmissions between Flight 93 and ground control, just before it crashed into the field in Pennsylvania."
    You'll also hear "actual NYC and Washington police radio traffic!"
    Capt. Ed Hannon of the Arlington, Va., Fire Department who was trapped in the Pentagon when it collapsed is furious that a frantic call from a member of his crew is part of the ghoulish soundtrack.
    "It's hard to believe someone's making money off this," he told The Post.
    Experts say selling the CD may be illegal. "The Federal Communications Act prohibits the sale of intercepted radio transmissions," said David Miranda, chairman of the New York State Bar's Electronic Communications Task Force.
    Mailbox Library founder Shawn Jorgensen insisted: "We've stopped selling it. We haven't sold any for a few months."
    Not true. On March 17, The Post ordered a copy of the CD. It was delivered a week later no questions asked.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Ray, this article is bogus. They told WCBS 880 that they hadn't sold the CD in MONTHS!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Maybe I just suck at online searches but I haven't been able to find anything about this at all.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information