MembersZone Subscriber

Smile XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by AFD333; 04-10-2005 at 10:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

First off, i know some of your fustration. I do not believe that this is the place to discuss or post those sort of problems. A good item to remember " WHAT GOES ON AT AND AROUND THE STATION, NEEDS TO STAY IN THE DEPARTMENT". What i am trying to say, is that if you get people from the outside involved, your problems will be worse. You don't know if some of the people reading this post, may live in your community, this will surely make them and probably fema fround. I am certainly not trying to bust your chops, you are just reaching out for some help. I would suggest that your board of directors need to have a meeting pertaining to these issues. Our you the grant writer ? if you are you can revoke the grant if you don't believe it will be used wisely or on the exact items specified, the grant writer is responsible for the entire grant. You may consider getting someone outside the department to listen to both sides of the story and give there opinion on the whole sitution. I am very futinet in the fact that we also received a grant, as the fire chief - i believe it has pulled us tighter together. I am the grant writer, and i am adminastating our grant in a manner that follows fema's guidelines and as my active members would like to see it.
    JUST OUT BUSTIN MINE TO SAVE YOURS

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I'll second the keep the dirty laundry inside. Dig around for examples of other areas that have gone through the same thing, and try and learn from it. Find some leadership articles, SOP/Gs that sort of thing. This year, you have no choice, you have a plan to be compliant in NIMS and get the training. Otherwise, no money. If the powers that be refuse to do it, then if you are the person that submitted the grant, you are the one going to jail for fraud by submitting a false application for federal funding. Even if you weren't, and you know of it, time to get it taken care of, even if that means having DHS take the app out. I'd aim for other solutions first, like having SOGs. Someone must require them, town, district, county, whoever.

You don't really need them, but when someone gets hurt you'll find out how much it's going to cost not having them.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree the message was best left unposted. It is NOT my grant nor MY department. If possible, I will remove the thread. Anyone know how to do that?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Go to your original post, click on edit, then click on delete post. Then that's all she wrote..........no more thread! Good luck!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Thread Information