Thread: SOG's

Forum Member

Default SOG's

I can tell by reading some of the threads in this forum that many of you have been and are going thru many of the same things. My question is this: we currently have nothing written in our by- laws about requirements of volunteers or who gets on the department or anything of that nature.. a few requirements are on a piece of paper you sign when you join.. but they really dont make you accountable to anyone. We are in the process of writing some "By -Laws" . What are some of your requirements? What are some you wish were in there?.. We need HELP.. We also have nothing saying how we elect "Fire Chief" or get rid of one as far as that goes??? I'm a firemen and I'm on the "Elected Fire Board". I want to learn from an unbiased group of guys/gals out there.. I mean I know and hear what folks around me are saying.. but I'm all ears from an outside source.. thanks

Forum Member
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Maybe it would help if your links where any good. check them before you try to smart@ss about it. we are brothers he is looking for help and this is the best you could do.

what part are you in need of. we are doing our by laws again i can try and get you a copy if you like let me know where to send them.

Forum Member

Easy killer at least RFRDxplorer tried to help and didnt whip out use the search button.

And zoom try Firefighter Close Calls more specific Firefighter Close Calls SOP/SOG section

And those should work if not politely ask me and I will send them to you some other way if you want them.

Forum Member

Not trying to be a “killer” but if you watch everyone in the forums when someone new comes in and doesn’t know the ropes of the forum. They get abused. Your right he did try and help could of told him to try the search first. Sorry for stepping on toes but we should help explain when someone new comes in.

Forum Member

Originally posted by fireguy919
    Not trying to be a “killer” but if you watch everyone in the forums when someone new comes in and doesn’t know the ropes of the forum. They get abused.
    I agree... I'm waiting for someone to log in and start a new thread to say hello; and someone will post four dozen links where people have already said hello...

Although, it would be slightly funny!

Thread Information