Thread: statistics

Forum Member

Default statistics

I am in the process of doing a persuasive speach about smoke detectors and my goal is to presuade my class to regularly maintain and test their detectors. 80% of the class does not maintain ther detectors at this time.

I was looking for, if anyone has info on it, stats about residential fatality fires and what percentages could be prevented, what percentages had working / had non-working detectors, and what percentages of fatalities could of been prevented with regular maintance.

Also I did a test with my detecotr. I built a device that would press the test device at a pre-set time. I set it for 6 hours. Went to bed. And woke up the next morning. Didnt hear a thing. I had put my video recorder on my desk and it recorded the alarm going off. My question is, Do they make any differnet detectors with higher db levels? Something that would actualy wake me up.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=68855

You can find a number of reports at the NFPA, NIST, and USFA.

Thread Information