Forum Member

Default St. Paul Fire Department

Well, yesterday I FINALLY got my letter in the mail from St. Paul. My mom brought it into my bedroom, and I read "We are pleased to inform...," then I stopped, and yelled "I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, June 2nd. That is going to be one busy week. High school finals, the test, senior trip, graduation practice, graduation, parties. But it'll all be worth it in the end.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Default be careful

Bozz- I am excited for you and I wish you good luck but I am also concerned. This time of year is always dangerous for those who attend their prom and/or graduation parties. I am replying to your thread because while you mentioned this is a very busy time in your life, you also mentioned graduation and parties. This is potentially a killer combination.

I won't go on and on about the drinking and driving stats. or try to tell you something SADD or MADD has already taught you. I don't want to bring you down during this very exciting time of your life but if you would allow me a word of advice to you.

Don't allow yourself to become a statistic. Please, be strong, be smart, be safe, stay focused and always do the right thing. Think before you act and yes, like you said, it'll all be worth it in the end!
    Last edited by RESERVE172; 04-12-2005 at 05:12 PM.
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Forum Member

Reserve172 I was thinking the same thing as I read the post - excellent reply.

Bozz - good for you! Good luck, buckle down and work hard - lots of time for partying later (not at the firehouse either )
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Forum Member

Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

NICE!!! - Good Luck.

Please see the photo I attached here:

Pictures of drunk driving crashes for SADD

Think about it before you get behind the wheel after a few cold ones.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Congradulations Bozz...I wish you the best of luck, and hope you have a healthy and gratifying career. To this day I still remembered how thrilled I was when I got my "congradulations letter" in May '81. Even though you got your letter, you still have to stay focused these next few months. Pay attention to what was said earlier here, get your other foot in the door(the letter is just one foot), and give it all you've got. Good luck.....Len

Forum Member

Thank you all for the congrats.

There is no worry about me becoming a statistic, as I do not do your normal "partying." Yes, I will go hang out with my friends, but I, unlike many people in my age group, do not drink alcohol or do any other form of drugs.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Thread Information