Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default U.S. FF wants try U.K FFing

What do i have to do to get info about fire departments in U.K and what certs are good or not good over there. Obviously i need a visa but can i even become a FF in the U.K. being a American. Thankyou .

I'll check out some info on the requirements to become a UK firefighter. I would think that top of the list would have to be the offer a job from one of the 50 or so Fire & Rescue Services in England and Wales, before you would be allowed a residency visa There is a lot of "rationalisation" going on over here at the moment, so things which are current at the moment may change in the future.

We don't operate a Certification system as the US does. All prospective firefighters who are selected by a particular fire service are sent on a 14-16 week training course at a regional fire training centre,(except London which has its own), before returning to their Brigade for localised familiarisation with equipment and procedures before they start a 2 year probation, followed by a further 2 years before they are classed as fully qualified firefighters.

Try asking a few questions at www.ukpa.gov.uk which is the Governments Passport Agency website, which may answer a few questions about employment also.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default thankyou

Thanks for the help and the reply,

Thread Information