Forum Member

Default Ohio wild fire season

A little background for you before I ask my question. I have been a firefighter since aug 2003...and we all know that 03 and 04 were wet years (no wildfires or very few and far between). My question is this, what is the usual amount of wild fires in northeastern ohio during a) years with average precipitation and b) years with below average precipitation? I know my department (in portage county) has been runnin a few lately (like 2 in 16 hours) and I know that quite a few other departments in portage county have been runnin wild fires as well (ptfd19 will probably have more info than I do seeing as how he is a dispatcher). I mean I am not complaining, but I am wondering if I am going to have to get used to running a few grass fires a week until the end of summer.
    Last edited by ElChup175; 04-13-2005 at 12:10 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default just like my hair, this is off the top of my head.......

still checking some numbers, but it is starting to look like we're going to have a ton of small fires like the last couple years as opposed to 2001 & 2002 when it seemed we had fewer, but larger ones. we had one today and i heard that you guys had one also. knowing the northern part, i'd bet they had atleast a couple also.
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

Forum Member

Default Are we in for a treat?

Quick question ptfd19 when was the last time there has been a major fire in either west branch or the ravenna ammo plant..? Both of these are in my back yard.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess the 3" of partly cloudy laying on the fields will cut our grass fire runs quite a bit
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

Thread Information