Thread: POC Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question POC Dept.

Is tier any POC Dept out there that are UNOIN?

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

When weruj1 gets back from his relators wedding, he'll answer this 'un.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Default thanks 210 !

yes we are .............what do you want to know ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

This question may not be exactly related to this thread but, can someone give me a link or tell me how exactly a POC Dept. is set up and works? In my area we only have Career, Vol. or Combo Career/Vol. although some of the Vol. Depts. have LOSAP benefits or a very generous "clothing allowance."

Any info would be appreciated. I would like to learn more about this kind of setup.
    DKK
    Truck Man
    APFD
    IAFF Local 384:

"Above all, an assignment to a truck company should be considered a promotion."

Chief John W. Mittendorf-1998

Forum Member

hey Weruj1, are you guys IAFF? or a different union? what are the requirements for POC to form a union? are they different then full time career?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Skipper ..

The paid on call departments I have worked on have come in two forms:
    a combo department with a few full-time staff, basically to handle the administration, daily chores and runs requiring minimum manpower, and a fully piad on call staff with no full-timers. Basically the paid on call firefighters respond from home the same a volunteer would, except they are paid an hourly rate (most round it up to the next hour) while on the run and cleaning up, and some have a 2 hour minimum. Usually you are paid for training time, and in some cases there may be mandatory duty time at the station, for which you are generally also paid. Since you are actually muncipal "employees" rather than volunteers, the regulations regarding minimum training, certifications (especially EMS) and following policies have been, in my experience, just a tad tighter than MOST volunteer departments. Often, there are some benfits available, usually at cost, through the town's benefit programs.

Just based on my experiences (and my thoughts).

Forum Member

Dr..........we are not IAFF afiliated since we are not a full time department. We are currently served by http://ibew245.org/home.htm there are no true requirements that I know of past a 2/3 vote to join the Union if I recall. We are a POC staff minus a full time Chief. If anyone else wants to chime in on this unique deal please feel free.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information