Firetech

Default Hello From Coastal Carolina

My name is Ronnie Holton and I am the Department Head of the Fire Protection Technology Department at Coastal Carolina Community College.

Through my online associate degree program I teach a rather large group of some of the best men and women in my state, the firefighers and fire officers. They are a sharp group of dedicated people, and since I am no longer on the frontline of any fire department, I am challenged to remain current and hope to use forums and websites like this to do so.

If I can help anyone in anyway, I would consider it a privilge.

Default Please contact me

Hello Ron...Please write back Thanks,
    Alexandra

Firetech

Default Hello Alex

Hello Alex. I noticed from your profile that you are a child psychologist. I would be interested in discussing the characteristics of this current generation of high school graduates. I seen a lot of wannabe firefighters but I'm not seeing a lot of awareness of the degree of committment and effort required to make it today; not to mention concepts such as integrity and ethics.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ie Shima Training Facility, Okinawa, Japan

Default on line courses

Ron,
    Hello I am a ARFF Marine stationed in Iwakuni, Japan. I just left New River, cant wait to get back !!! I would very much like to take any online courses that you could direct me to to further my education in the fire services. Dont remember the dates but I got my FF inst. II through CCCC. Thanks !!!! I do remember that the class was great!

Ed.

Firetech

Default Ed

I'll be glad to get you the info. The best thing to do is to visit my site at

http://www.coastal.cc.nc.us/fire/

Browse the pages, and then fill out an interest form which will go to my email account, and I'll get an information package out to you.

Did you say you are a certified FF II?

MembersZone Subscriber

yes i did. FF instructor II, i also got my EMT-B from Aimiee(?) and Jerry, great guys. im looking at the cccc online now.

Ed
    Last edited by ed7051; 04-27-2005 at 07:34 AM.

Firetech

Default Ed

You know, I have some fond memories of teaching the Crash/Rescue group out at New River Air Station. They were a great group of guys and girls. Then came 9/11 that interrupted practically all of this type of activity, and later, the hassles of getting on and off base.

But the online program helped fill this void, and the Marines that desired to do so, finished up in that format.

MembersZone Subscriber

yes that was a pretty rough time that was about the same time that I did my FF Inst II class. I did my "Teaching" portion of the class on turkey hunting!!! lol it was great! Some of the guys from the city didnt know what to think whan i brought my shot guns in!! The Teacher was great!!!! I do remember that though. Im hopeing to come back in 06. I still have alot of friends at crew and at the DOD DEpt.

Firetech

Default Ed

Based on your FF II and Instructor Level II certs, I counting at least 7 semester hours of credit I can give you toward the 69 hours required for the degree if you're interested.

When you get back here, come to see me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ron,
    Thats pretty good, i also have:
    Fire Instructor II DOD/NC State
    Firefighter II DOD/NC State
    HAZMAT Level I NC/State
    HAZMAT Train the Trainer DOD
    Airport Firefighter DOD/NC State
    EMT-B NC State ( CCCC )
    Water Rescue Phase I ( CCCC )
    Dont know if any of these will give me any more but its worth a shot. I am also interested in your online class. I sent in for your package, is that all I need to do for now??

Thanks!!
    Ed.

Firetech

Default Ed

Yes, that's all you have to do. Unfortunately, the summer classes have closed, and that is after adding another section for each.

I do suggest that when you get the package, that you call David Brulet at 910-938-6284 and get your application processes. There is no charge for this, and it simply means that if you decide to enter the program, that bit of paperwork will have been completed, and all you will have to do is to register for the classes you need; which by the way, must be done early because these classes close early.

Thread Information