Forum Member

Default you might be on a Redneck FD if....

You might be on a redneck fire department if...

Your department has ever had two emergency vehicles pulled over for drag racing on the way to the scene.

You have naked lady mud flaps on your pumper.

Your firehouse has wheels.

You've ever gotten back and found out you locked yourselves out of the firehouse.

Fire training consists of everyone standing around a fire gettin' drunk.

You've ever been toned out on an outhouse fire.

That outhouse fire was with entrapment.

You've ever let a person's house burn down because they wouldn't let you hunt on their ground.

At least one vehicle in the firehouse still has decorations on it from the Halloween Parade and it's January.

Your personnel vehicle has more lights on it than your house has lights in it.

You don't own a Dalmation, but you do have a coon dog named Sparky.

You've ever walked through a christmas display and came up with more than 3 new ideas for a light scheme for your truck.

Your rescue truck can smoke the tires.

Your department's name is misspelled on the equipment.

Your engine had to be towed in the last Christmas Parade.

Dispatch can't mention your name without laughing.

The local news crew won't put your department on TV because you embarassed them last time.

You've ever referred to a light bar as sexy.

Your defib consists of a pair of jumper cables, a marine battery, and a fish finder.

You've ever taken a girl on a date in a pumper.

Your pumper has been on fire more times than it has been to a fire.

Your pumper smokes more than the house fire.

The only time the trucks leave the station is on bingo night.

Your apparatus has carbon monoxide detectors mounted in the cab.

You return from a fire with more junk than you arrived with.

The Chief's car has a rag for a gas cap.

You have tobacco spit stains on the side off your engines

Forum Member

Do not know if this counts or not. A department close to us took one of their jr's and his date to prom. School was mile from there station. Sounds redneck to me.

Forum Member

Default Re: you might be on a Redneck FD if....

You've ever gotten back and found out you locked yourselves out of the firehouse.
    Done that. Also gotten to the station trying to respond to an alarm and realized I had the wrong keys and couldn't get in. That's not redneck, it's just stupid...

You've ever been toned out on an outhouse fire
    That outhouse fire was with entrapment.
    A nearby department was toned for an outhouse explosion...the gentleman occupying the outhouse was in some pain...

At least one vehicle in the firehouse still has decorations on it from the Halloween Parade and it's January.
    Does it count if you took the string of Christmas lights above the bay door down in like, I dunno, July?

Your personnel vehicle has more lights on it than your house has lights in it.
    We have a guy who qualifies...

You have tobacco spit stains on the side off your engines
    I better NEVER see it!

A department close to us took one of their jr's and his date to prom. School was mile from there station. Sounds redneck to me.
    I learned a lesson after my prom...after your mom helps you pick out a dress and takes a million pics before you leave the house...the next day when she asks what you did after the dance...it's not a real good idea to tell her you went to the fire station in said dress...
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Forum Member

LMAO! There's some finger-pointing going on at our station right about now. We have a captain who has to be convinced not to scavenge parts for the trucks from every call he goes on.

Co11FireGal: We had problems with our crews not having their station keys, so we switched to keyless entry with numeric keypads. Then the keyless entry jammed in cold weather. Thankfully not during a call...

Forum Member

Default you might be on a Redneck FD if....

You repost something that has been reposted and reposted and reposted...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    You tell everyone that their topic has already been posted.

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Thanks Capt. Thought I had read this before, but I forgot to take my Ginko this morning and couldnt recall

BTW, we responded to a Port-O-Let fire once. That doesnt make us rednecks does it?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Permanently Removed

Default Yo...

Sorry to kill the buzz, but if you can relate to anything
    written in that post, you might just be straight up
    unprofessional.

-Bou

Forum Member

you might be on a redneck FD if...
    you're juniors are better qualified to drive the trucks then your engineers.

if...someone has backed up one of the trucks into the bay, but forgot to put up the bay door and broke the door off the hinges and knocked out all the windows.

if...more then 2 people responding to calls have "accidentally" driven into the side of the station.

if...every one or your trucks is a different color

if...you tell dispatch that you are responding to a call and then you are told by dispatch that you weren't even dispatched to the call in the first place.

now i heard this one as it happened

if...you're on an extrication call and forget to take the rescue,then you have to have your chief ask for someone at the station to respond with the rescue, and the people at the station say "there's no one here qualified to drive it", and the chief says over the radio "Well...someone drive it down here!" and then the unqualified person driving the rescue almost or gets into an accident on the way to the scene.

that last one might be qualified as just plain stupid rather then red neck.

Forum Member

You might be a redneck fire department if (and this I actually saw this weekend at a fire school in East Texas) ....

... the department slogan on your t-shirt is "get er done".

Forum Member

1) You have 35 different members but only 2 last names on the roster.

2)You have ever responded to a fire with curlers in your hair (for the ladies).

3) Your idea of rehab is a bologna sandwich and a tree stump.

4) If your PASS alarm goes "yee haw"

5) If all your transmissions start with "breaker 1-9"

6) If you use your department's thermal imaging camera on your early-morning deer hunting trips.
    All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

....you have a "3" or "8" or "24" or some other NASCAR driver's number decal on the side of your engine.....

...you have ever been dispatched to a horse on fire (yes, we have had this one...)

...you have ever used a member's 4WD pickup truck to get a patient to the ambulance (done this too...)
    Last edited by dmleblanc; 04-18-2005 at 10:35 PM.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Originally posted by dmleblanc
    ....you have a "3" or "8" or "24" or some other NASCAR driver's number decal on the side of your engine.....

...you have ever been dispatched to a horse on fire (yes, we have had this one...)

...you have ever used a member's 4WD pickup truck to get a patient to the ambulance (done this too...)
    You had to go the NASCAR rout didnt you. Our newest engine is a Pierce Daytona special complete with checkered flag and Daytona 500 decals.

Guess we are a "Redneck FD".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

This actually did happen with us back in Feb - we had a "near drowning" call at the lake and the pt was about 800 metres beyond the main gate. Our trucks wont fit down the trail very well, but our other Capt grabbed his Bronco (hmmmm ....) and we tranported to the amb with it.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Default Re: Yo...

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
    Sorry to kill the buzz, but if you can relate to anything
    written in that post, you might just be straight up
    unprofessional.

-Bou

Or you might have absolutely no sense of humor at all.

Forum Member

Back to the git er done post...

YOU -ARE- A REDNECK...

IF YOU HAVE "LARRY THE CABLE GUY" AIR BRUSHED ON THE HOOD OF YOUR HOME MADE BRUSH TRUCK. I WISH I HAD A CAMERA WHILE DRIVING THROUGH NORTH WEST PA... B/C FIRST IT WAS TWO ENGINES W/ 'GIT ER DONE' ON THE TOP OF THE WINDSCREEN, THEN IT WAS A BRUSH TRUCK W/ THAT GUY ON THE HOOD.

That is just... Wrong. I wonder what their motivation was for getting Larry the cable guy painted on a truck that cost less than the paint job?
    Last edited by blueeighty88; 04-20-2005 at 12:13 AM.

Forum Member

hehe that nascar decal sounds like a good idea there was one work drill where we were working on the trucks and we were trying to untighten this bolt but it was stuck on and the guy taking it off starting making this grunting noise, kinda sounded like a pirate. so i keep joking that one of these days were gonna be going to a call and im throwing a pirate flag on the top of the deck gun

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I have to agree with the Larry paint job. I have to ask, were their duty shirts all sleeveless?

Ain't nothing wrong with Git-R-Done! I couldn't find his commentary on what it means after he found out that a school suspended a kid for wearing one of his shirts and thinking it was sexual in nature. It means good old working folk spirit of get in and get the job done, no b1tchin' allowed.

Every department needs a good old boy. Who else is going to go get the brush truck out of the muddy field when it gets stuck?
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Forum Member

Originally posted by BC79er
    Ain't nothing wrong with Git-R-Done!
    I have Git-R-Done shirt, not fire-related though...there is definitely nothing wrong with the line! About a month ago I was going through some mail in the office at the station and there was an ad for a company that was making Git-R-Done shirts for fire departments...have seen a couple of different departments wearing them now. They are actually pretty nice looking shirts, but may just be a little uh....what ya'll would call "whackerish." Luckily I got the ad into the trash before any of the guys saw it! But just to point out...there actually is a company out there who must be making bundles on selling the shirts to departments, because I noticed that you had to order like 25 to have them made...
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

FIGJAM

You might be on a redneck fire department if...

....the only instrument you hear on the Backdraft theme playing on the CD player (while you respond) is banjoes
    Luke

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Happened Here...............

Originally posted by dmleblanc
    you have ever used a member's 4WD pickup truck to get a patient to the ambulance

Couple of winters back, we had an unusually Heavy Snow storm that dumped 2 FEET of Snow on us. A few hours into the storm, we outfitted several 4X4 Pickups with EMS Supplies and equipment, and 500 feet of 3" Hose, a 1.5 Standpipe pack, and some misc. stuff. We ran the BYTs as far as they could go, then the pickups went on from there. 41 calls in 72 hours, and everything worked so well that we set up a policy for future similar events.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information