Talking new jr fire fighter

ok, so i am a new fire fighter in Gordonsville, and my dad and I are doing this together. He is now a paid fire fighter in Charolettsville. I also just did my first real fire today! and it was alot of fun! I enjoyed myself and I think my daddy did too! Well hopefully Ill be around here somewhere. So just wanted to say hey, and that Im new! bye! Stephanie

Firetech

Default Hello Stephanie

My guess is that there are not many father/daughter firefighting teams, and you and your dad are truely fortunate.

But do remember, that while your dad surely had a lot of fun and is bursting with pride, he is also worried. So train well and maintain a safety awareness and behavior designed to keep his stress to a minimum. Having to worry about bad boys and bad fires can be tough on a father.

Default thanks

thank you! I will remember that! and I hope that my dad reads this, just to c how nice it is to have some one think of him that way! I know that it has to be hard enough on him to have 2 teenage daughters, me 16 and my sister 18, but Im so lucky ot have him help me and support me on this! I too think that it is great to have him and me both doing this togeather!
    thanks again,
    Stephanie

Forum Member

Default Welcome

I would just like to say welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood. I think it is great that you and your father are doing this together. Like someone else said you never really see or hear about father/daughter firefighter teams. I would also like to wish you lots of luck and hope that you find something in this for you. For the past 4 years I have had alot of fun in my program learning the firefighting process. All you need is a great mentor and you will get along great. Let me tell you something I have a few great mentors and if it wasn't for them then I don't think I would feel comfortable joining any of the companies in my hometown. But in about a month I should be going to the senior company. Well once again welcome and I wish you lots of luck with your journey in the fire service. If you already experienced your first fire and liked then I think this is the place for you. If you ever have any question P.M me and I will try to help you out the best I can. Most of all just have fun and enjoy the junior program. I have and I do not regret ever joining the fire department.
    Stay Strong
    Stay Save
    And once again welcome learn everything you can. If you would like to ask any question either P.M. or you can email me at firefighter2005@firehousemail.com
    Tom
    Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

Forum Member

lilfirehoney07 ok, so i am a new fire fighter in Gordonsville, and my dad and I are doing this together. He is now a paid fire fighter in Charolettsville. I also just did my first real fire today! and it was alot of fun! I enjoyed myself and I think my daddy did too! Well hopefully Ill be around here somewhere. So just wanted to say hey, and that Im new! bye! Stephanie
    Okay, so I logged on today and found my daughters post. I cant tell you all how proud I am to have her on the Fire Department with me. We are the first father daughter team for this department.

We have been training together for a few weeks in this house that was donated to the FD to be burned down later. Well we burned it down on Sunday and had a great day of it. She looked good with that 1 3/4 line in her hands. No fear, just respect. She is going to be a great ff.

I do work on the paid side with a father daughter team. The father is a Capt and she and I got hired at the same time.

Forum Member

Welcome to the forum. Good luck and be safe.

Thread Information