Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: taking our pay

Angry taking our pay

This is my first time on this forum. I have been in Iraq now for 3 monthes. When I found out what had come down and saw the memo I was quit upset. I know were it came from, the same person or people who say the gear is in the mail. Well let me say this, According to WSI we are supposed to be issued gear on a timely manor. Not 5 to 6 monthes later. They also say a salary of 90k. Well I did the math and after the cut because of me not having gear you will be making less than the contract states. If you are just coming on. Besides its there issue they cant get me or all of our gear to us. And now we pay by a salary cut. Where do these people come from. Do they sit there and think of ways to screw with everyone. I think whats going on is unfair work practices by law. And the people who do have gear make more than us. That is discrimmination I do believe. Dont get me wrong, its not the person with gears fault. But I put the blame on WSI and the one who indorse that memo. We get to pay for there screw ups. That is a bunch of bull****. And they seem to feed that on a regular basis. And the funny thing is, are the big wigs getting a pay cut because they dont have gear. Or are they lining there pockets at our expence.
    Good questions to think about while we get screwed.

Default Huh?

Dude- Are you a contract Firefighter in Iraq? A soldier?
    What?

MembersZone Subscriber sconfire's Avatar

CAL,
    This was sent to me via a FDNY brother who has a ACTUAL brother in Iraq. They are having a hell of a time with gear and basic necessities to do their job. Here is an email that was sent by one of the CONTRACT FF's.
    -----------------
    ok guys, let me break it down for you. we've been promised that things here will be getting better as the time goes on. we've been here nine months and it just keeps getting worse. the new company policy takes approx. $14,000 a year from those without ppe. it took five months to get gear and some guys that have been here nine months still don't have gear. we've been promised training that just started a couple weeks ago. according to our contract we were hired under the pretence that we were already qualified for the position we were hired for. we presently have a captain that has up to fire officer three but according to the policies now, has to retake all his classes from firefighter one and two up to fire officer three to come back here his second year. we have almost thirty guys at our station here, and only eleven sets of gear which means. we have a total of ten seats on our two engines and pumper/tanker/tender (whatever you want to call it). the eleven people that have gear have to man the apparatus 24/7, which is fine, but they only get paid for six days of sixteen hours. the guys that don't have gear have to find little projects and busy work so they can be paid for eighty hours in five days and then get two days off. we also have an acting Lt. that has been doing a/c job (fire prevention officer) that wsi won't even prmote him to an Lt. spot, and he's been doing that acting Lt. spot since last sept. now, since he has gear, they are wanting to promote him so they can put him back on the engine and try to get him to come back next year. when we sat down with the "almighty" chief tye last july, we were promised training and a chance to make history...the only thing that we have really needed is a bunch of k-y for our rectal region continuously being used by wsi. the money is great, but you have to ask yourself, do you want to go to a place where not only do you have to worry about being shot at, bombed, d-facs blowing up...but you also have to worry about what new policy is going to come from baghdad next. if you want to know the kind of people that we have running this place...just do a google search under mr. richard tye and make your own conclusions.

take care guys that are already here....for those coming...ya might want you shop and get your k-y early.

peace out from the K.R.A.B

Donald R. Shinault, Jr.
    WSI Fire Department
    Kirkuk Air Base, Iraq
    apo/ae 09359
    ---------------
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

What did the guys contracts say? You know the little stack of paper that they signed before they got on the plane over there?
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Am I the only one surprised that a company that specializes in providing security at shopping malls is completely inept and dishonest when it comes to providing fire service? I was afraid that this would happen; get all of these kids 5000 miles from home and then screw them because they have nowhere else to go. WSI cares as much about providing fire service over there as they care about what happens at the local mall-which is not at all. They are int his for the money. If they can screw these guys to make more money, they will and have.

I wish I knew a solution.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Am I the only one surprised that a company that specializes in providing security at shopping malls is completely inept and dishonest when it comes to providing fire service? I was afraid that this would happen; get all of these kids 5000 miles from home and then screw them because they have nowhere else to go. WSI cares as much about providing fire service over there as they care about what happens at the local mall-which is not at all. They are int his for the money. If they can screw these guys to make more money, they will and have.

I wish I knew a solution.
    WSI have been providing Fire Protection Services around the country for a while now. Why they are having trouble is beyond me, I have heard reports of both very good and very bad experiances over there.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    WSI have been providing Fire Protection Services around the country for a while now. Why they are having trouble is beyond me, I have heard reports of both very good and very bad experiances over there.
    Because like all private companies, the bottom line is priority 1. Thats why privates shouldnt be involved with public safety.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    Tell me one of their success stories.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Tell me one of their success stories.
    Estero, Florida was one of them.... NOT!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Default where did u hear this

Whats this about pay cut, r u over there now? what would u say to somwone who is interested in the expiernce, the idea to be part iraq freedom, to help out your brothers in arms. Didn't realize everything was about money. My question is then is why so many say its a great opportunity and then some, who we dont even know that are there or even have done it complain about, and what they do complain about is the money, strange.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: where did u hear this

Originally posted by ffbrh25
    Whats this about pay cut, r u over there now? what would u say to somwone who is interested in the expiernce, the idea to be part iraq freedom, to help out your brothers in arms. Didn't realize everything was about money. My question is then is why so many say its a great opportunity and then some, who we dont even know that are there or even have done it complain about, and what they do complain about is the money, strange.
    I don't get the impression that the person was complaining about the money. I get the impression that he was complaining about a company that promised him things to get him to take a job assignment 5000 miles from home and then reneged on that agreement.

Thread Information