MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2005 first round

So when should the first round of 05 grants start?
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller Bueller? Guess, speculate, whatever.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

In May sometime should be the first set of 1199As and however many questions they came up with this time around. First round likely by the middle/end of June.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2005 AFG awards

The 2005 AFG awards will probably start in late June or early July. They have a goal of having all grantees selected and in process before Sept 30th.
    The opinions stated herein are those of the author and in no way shape or form reflect the opinions of any organization(s) that I am in any way affiliated with unless otherwise indicated.

Forum Member

There's nothing wrong with haveing ambitious goals. They are still giving out grants from last year aren't they? It seems like way too much to finish by september. Good luck to everyone who applied.

MembersZone Subscriber

Other then a few follow on awards all awards have been issued for the 2004 AFG except the Fire Prevention grants which are in the 5th round which will made public on Friday April 22, 2005.

DHS has 62 grants awaiting grantee notification (next Friday April 22, 2005), maybe more -- depending on the efforts out of the grants management staff.

One of the 62 is a Minnesota grant. Then DHS has 219 that are in the negotiation phase.

Obviously, anything can happen in these negotiations, so the fact that these departments are in that phase does not mean awards.

Each year they pull back any unused funds from each of the FEMA regions that have been doing site visits etc. and issue a few additional awards late in the process.
    The opinions stated herein are those of the author and in no way shape or form reflect the opinions of any organization(s) that I am in any way affiliated with unless otherwise indicated.

Forum Member

Warren, are you willing to reveal where you get your info? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

If I did I would have to shoot you ... just kidding. I have conections at the Federal level where the grants are managed from.

Forum Member

LOL don't shoot me.

I think I speak for many when I ask if you would be willing to keep these kinds of updates coming. It helps smooth over the suspense.

Thanks very much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Gentlemen and Scholars...All of you!

Well, it's good to have a time frame for nail biting. We submitted somewhere in the 1400 neighborhood, hopefully it was our lucky number. Good luck everyone!

Balls! Show'em, grow'em, or get the F#$% out the way, We're about to fight some fire!

MembersZone Subscriber

Both my wife and I will be going out to review grants again this year during the first week in May. It is very interesting to see all of the requests for equipment from around the country.

I try to put out a news letter each Friday to anyone who has joined my list serve at http://minnesotafireservice.com

The Fire Act Grant info is at;
    http://minnesotafireservice.com/grantsmainmenu.html

The archived news letter page is at;
    http://minnesotafireservice.com/news...main_menu.html

Forum Member

It's April 22.... and here we have some 2004 awards announced.....

http://www.firegrantsupport.com/fps/awards/
    Last edited by RLFD14; 04-22-2005 at 05:04 AM.

Thread Information