Talking How to apply to a VFD...

I am in the hiring process for our local FD's. I have been through testing with our personel board...but I would like to get on with a local department as a volunteer...How should I approach this? She I go to the department in person? Call to see if they are interested in more VFF or what?
    Any information would be great! =)

Forum Member

Should I go to the department in person
    Yes.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Look for a web site, contact by phone or email if possible. Otherwise contact the city or county etc. directly looking for this contact info. Sometimes the first person you meet at the hall is not going to leave you with a favorable impression.

Not that there is anything wrong with going to the hall, but in many departments the average person you meet at the hall (assuming it is staffed or you are lucky enough to be there when someone else is present) is not necessarily going to be able/willing/have time to really answer all of your questions. They'll probably give you the same contact info you'd get by following the directions in my first paragraph.

Good luck.

Thread Information