Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hanoi Jane visits KC

Seems the infamous Hanoi Jane Fonda came to KC for a book signing. Well a Vietnam vet got him some chewing tobacco, and decided to do to her what she's been doing to them for 37 years and spit in her face. She didn't press charges, the hosts said she was so calm and took it in stride. Maybe because it happens to her so often she's used to it??? Anyway, I'd be wish I could shake this man's hand. Hell I'd pay for his bail. I just can not believe people would support that traitor?!?!? Can you tell where my political views fall????

Other then Vietnam vets, i have no idea why anyone would get worked up over that anymore. She has profusly appologized, given money to the USO and other current Support the Troops organizations. What she did 30 years ago was dispicable, but she has tried to make amends. That guy did what he felt as one of the guys that she wronged, he does not deserve a spanking or a salute for it.
    That is how I feel about it.
    Semper Fi,
    Dennis
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Angry

I would salute, and post his bail for him.

She was a and still is a disgrace. I was in country when that bitch showed her ***!!!

She will always be scum, lower than whale poop!!!

Jane deserves to never forget what she did. I can't say that I condone what the guy did, but I can certainly understand it.

Don't watch her movies, intervies, shows, videos, or buy her books.

I can forgive, but I'll never forget what she did.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    She has profusly appologized, given money to the USO and other current Support the Troops organizations. What she did 30 years ago was dispicable, but she has tried to make amends.

From what I have seen she has not given a true apology. She has some what hinted to the fact that she made a mistake. This doesn't erase the fact that she was and is a traitor to the United States.
    The apology she owes is to the service members whom she disgraced. When they are satisfied with her apology, at that time maybe we can move on.
    My opinion is there is no statute of limitations on aiding enemy combatants of the United States.

Proving that your average hayseed conservative has no class.

Like we didn't know that before.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Default PLEASE!!!!!!

ATTENTION JANE FONDA! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? All of a sudden we are suppose to forgive and forget!? GO BLOW IT OUT YOUR ***!!!!! You are lucky you still have one!!!!! Don't even get me started ! YOU made one wrong decision ( one that was bigger than nuclear war) and now YOU are paying for it. You are a traitor! ONCE a traitor, NEVER forgiven! There is NO exception!

Rot in hell where you belong. What you are guilty of is the opposite of what is done everyday (the ultimate sacrifice)for this country,---- the ultimate betrayal!!!!!
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Default Lord Haw-Haw

I believe in WW2 there was a British citizen who broadcast propoganda via the radio. His nickname was "Lord Haw-Haw"--real surname "Joyce"--at the end of the war he was executed by the Allies.

You guys are so P.C that it is quaint.

P.S To add insult to injury-apparently he was an American before he obtained British citinship
    Last edited by Tooanfrom; 04-21-2005 at 04:09 AM.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Default Re: PLEASE!!!!!!

Originally posted by RESERVE172
    ATTENTION JANE FONDA! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? All of a sudden we are suppose to forgive and forget!? GO BLOW IT OUT YOUR ***!!!!! You are lucky you still have one!!!!! Don't even get me started ! YOU made one wrong decision ( one that was bigger than nuclear war) and now YOU are paying for it. You are a traitor! ONCE a traitor, NEVER forgiven! There is NO exception!

Rot in hell where you belong. What you are guilty of is the opposite of what is done everyday (the ultimate sacrifice)for this country,---- the ultimate betrayal!!!!!
    Fortunately for the rest of us the Founding Fathers put a much higher standard in place for treason. Otherwise we might all have been drug up in front of a tribunal at one point in our lives.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

scfire86..

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I would defend your right to that opinion. I would also defend the right of those who choose to view jane Fonda as a traitor.

Clearly, and quite explicitly, she aided and abetted the enemy during the Viet Nam war. She toured parts of North Viet Nam and even sat in a NVA anti-air craft gun, wearing a helmet and laughing with the NVA troops. This while US troops were still fighting and US prisoners of war lanquished in horrible POW camps. She may have had the right to express her views, but she did not have the right, without punishment to do what she did.

As for me I don't get lathered up over it, but I don't go to her movies, I don't buy her books or videos and don't see that changing, ever. Her apology is hollow and meaningless because the only reason she is doing it again now is to sell books. Phoney as hell and only fools will fall for it.

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 04-21-2005 at 10:03 AM.

Originally posted by FyredUp
    scfire86..

Clearly, and quite explicitly, she aided and abetted the enemy during the Viet Nam war. She toured parts of North Viet Nam and even sat in a NVA anti-air craft gun, wearing a helmet and laughing with the NVA troops. This while US troops were still fighting and US prisoners of was lanquished in horrible POW camps. She may have had the right to express her views, but she did not have the right, without punishment to do what she did.

Like I said. The charge of treason requires much more than your statements.

That is the difference between liberals and conservatives as it relates to personal beliefs.

I don't get all weird about going to an Arnold, Charleton Heston, Clint Eastwood or Tom Selleck movie. I appreciate their talent despite my ideological differences.

But conservatives are too wrapped up in their individual hatreds to seperate the two.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

scfire86...

Nice try. But your broad paint brush of liberalism won't work on me. I am neither a liberal or a conservative. I vote for people not party lines and in fact voted for 2 of the most liberal members of congress in the fall election.

The fact of the matter is wrong is wrong and the attempt to politicize it and swing it as a conservative only issue is weak.

FyredUp

former FH.com member

I have no sympathy for Jane at all. During her visit to Vietnam she visited American POWS. These poor guys tried to get the word out about their torture and inhumane treatment by slipping notes to good old Hanoi Jane. What did she do with these notes you may ask? Why, she gave them to their Vietnamese captors of course! After this many more POWS were further tortured and executed. This absolutely sounds treasonous to me, Jane Fonda can rot in hell for all I care. Boohoo for a little tobacco juice on her face.

Ha!!!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Originally posted by SAFD46Truck
    I have no sympathy for Jane at all. During her visit to Vietnam she visited American POWS. These poor guys tried to get the word out about their torture and inhumane treatment by slipping notes to good old Hanoi Jane. What did she do with these notes you may ask? Why, she gave them to their Vietnamese captors of course! After this many more POWS were further tortured and executed. This absolutely sounds treasonous to me, Jane Fonda can rot in hell for all I care. Boohoo for a little tobacco juice on her face.
    I don't excuse her doing what she did, but don't say she did worse then she did. http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

This absolutely sounds treasonous to me, Jane Fonda can rot in hell for all I care. Boohoo for a little tobacco juice on her face.
    Like I said earlier. Despite your desires, it isn't treason.

Taking this thread in a different direction. Wesley Clark is talking about running for POTUS in '08. Despite his military accomplishments I'm sure the right wing smear machine will find a way to brand him a coward and a traitor.

Crap fountain Limbaugh branded him a 'metrosexual' implying effeminate characteristics. Of course wacked out right wingers took that to mean the man might not be manly enough since Limbaugh used the word 'sexual'. It gets them all atwitter.

And since Clark graduated at or near the top of his class at West Point and is a Rhodes Scholar. He'll be viewed as a suspect intellectual since he has command of the english language.

Conservatives are the ultimate paradox. They blast away at the failings of the public school system, and then worship a man who skewers the language. It is one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

former FH.com member

Originally posted by scfire86
    I just said it sounded treasonous to ME. My statement stands.

Originally posted by scfire86

Taking this thread in a different direction. Wesley Clark is talking about running for POTUS in '08. Despite his military accomplishments I'm sure the right wing smear machine will find a way to brand him a coward and a traitor.

Crap fountain Limbaugh branded him a 'metrosexual' implying effeminate characteristics. Of course wacked out right wingers took that to mean the man might not be manly enough since Limbaugh used the word 'sexual'. It gets them all atwitter.

And since Clark graduated at or near the top of his class at West Point and is a Rhodes Scholar. He'll be viewed as a suspect intellectual since he has command of the english language.

Conservatives are the ultimate paradox. They blast away at the failings of the public school system, and then worship a man who skewers the language. It is one of the oddest things I've ever seen.
    No different then liberals lead by Ann Richards telling the false story that George Bush refused to sell his old house to a black family. That is politics and it goes both ways, no matter how good or bad a person the target really is.

Jane Fonda is not a right vs left issue. It is a Vietnam issue, they are pulled up at any time by either side to make a point in campaigns. Since we are currently blessed with a few mohts of rest from campaigns, please give us a rest by not making it an issue for campaigns that do not even exist yet.
    -Big Russ

I just said it sounded treasonous to ME. My statement stands.
    But your post/statement is not even the truth.
    -Big Russ

I dont care what she did, spitting on someone is never acceptable. Sorry.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Thread Information