Angry Weight Gaining Help!!

Hello all... Well my problem is im soo skinny and I cant gain weight. I am 23 years old and I eat all the time but cant seem to keep it in me. I am testing soon and all the guys are bigger than me. Anyone have so good advice to put on alot of weight and get bigger

HELP!

Eddie
    IAFF Local 4421

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, it's hard to say without understanding your body type. If I had to guess, you're probably someone with long limbs and trunk. In my experience, you're probably dominated by slow twitch muscle fibers which respond better to long slow distance (endurance) and are highly resistant to fatigue. That's my guess.

My question to you is how is getting bigger beneficial to YOU?

If you're having trouble putting on size, either your training or nutrition is a bit off. I give you a lot of credit to ask for help...which many people don't have the guts to do.

So, with the above stated, my advice would be to train your nervous system (CNS) if you don't have much time before your test. Training your CNS will help you access more of what you already have. The end result will be increasing your strength without putting on much muscle size. An example of a lower body program would be to do 4-6 sets of squats/deadlifts/Romanian deadlifts each with 1-6 reps per set. Make sure you rest 3 mins. between each set. Your program should rotate on a 3-4 week basis. So for 3 weeks, you can do 4 sets of 6 reps. The next 3 weeks, you can do 5 sets of 5 reps, and the following 3 weeks, you can do 6 sets of 3 reps. Each phase will intensify and get you functionally strong.

I hope this helps. Send me an email at rich@fastbodies.com and I can give you some really good resources.
    Yours in health & safety,
    Rich Meyer, Strength Coach
    Author of FAST Responders: The Ultimate Guide to Firefighter Conditioning
    www.functionalfirefitness.com

Thread Information