Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: recent issues.

Default recent issues.

Well, where do I begin. I have been here for 3 months now and unlike the rest of you guys I have not made it to a base. I got stuck in HQ to help out with the manpower shortages and will probably be here after I get back from R&R. I am ready to go to a base. I sympathize with everyone out there. The logistics part of this operation sucks, bad. It is out of our hands though. We are at the mercy of KBR. They (WSI)are trying to get this changed as I am told so we can order our own stuff and get it sent over here quicker. I have worked in logistics for 2 months of my lovely stay in HQ and see the nightmare everyday (anyone looking to swap places with me let me know asap). We get gear here infrequently and most of it wouldn't even fit the so-called average firefighter. Just a little note, if you have a waist size of 32-34 I might have pants for you. For the rest of you, sorry get in line like everyone else. We are not exactly getting the most physically fit firefighters over here so you know what I am dealing with. Most of the groups that come through just get to try on coats because I don't have pants big enough for anyone to try on. Thats just the jackets and pants. In the 3 months I have been here, I have received 48 helmets and they were gone in 2 days along with the 48 sets of gear I was able to make up for the smaller individuals in the department so I could show that gear was going out. I wish I could tell you guys something good. I just tell guys that the only thing they really need to worry about is getting paid and getting your vacation. If they screw that up then head on out. The hours are back to 84 and you get 2 days off now. I know this schedule has changed a number of times so don't think it won't change again. But you are getting the hours you signed on for and 2 days off to boot. I haven't had a day off since I got here so don't bother me with that noise. All I hear from guys coming through on vacation is how easy you got it at bases and don't do anything most of the time, again, I don't want to hear about that either. Like I said before, anyone wanting my job can come get it. I am ready to go. Yea the guys with gear stand to make more then the rest but thats just life sometimes. A lot of guys have got gready over here, give them an inch and they want a mile. 99.9% of you guys are making more money over here than you ever would back home and you still complain. I am over here just like you are and I believe in a worse situation. I would gladly swap with any of you. Just give it time, this will work out. YOU will get your gear and the hours back and then what. What will be the next thing to bitch about. We all came for the money and the chance to support our troops. If you are over here then you accomplished that. If your over here for anything other than that you come to the wrong place. Its not perfect over here and you shouldn't have thought it was going to be. There was going to be a lot of adversity over here, that should have been expected. Don't compound it by gripping about everything. Get your money, make some good friends, make the most of your time here and if your unhappy by the end of the year go home. If not come back for more. I wish the people over here that are unhappy would try to find some good in all this. For me, I am out of debt and securing a future for me and my family. Like I said, I came for the money and I am prior service so I accomplished my task. Anything on top of that is gravy my friends. I don't want anyone to think that I was pointing a finger at them and telling them they need to pipe down, everyone has an opinion and we all sure as hell need to vent. Just try and remember what you came over for and if you aren't accompishing that right now than figure out what you have to do to get there. Good luck to everyone in the rest of there time here and for those looking to come over here, figure out why you want to come and make an informed decision before coming. I also want to thank all the guys that came through and helped me out on details here. I know the work sucks but its got to get done and its for a good cause. Those of you who come to victory and bitch about getting put on details you know what you can do (inquire further if you need assistance). I also want to give a shout out to my boys, boyd and seetin at D7, my vanilla ice wanna be buddy at D4 phil routhier and chris anderson and the rest of my gang at A1 (julie, jeff, rob & gary)Anyone else I might have forgot keep the faith. FTM - PTB. Oh and for those of you who want to keep your identity secret thats cool but I will not duck anyone. You can reach me at:

Mark Sapier
    WSI Logistics
    Camp Victory North

Default From the top...

Are you a contract FF in Iraq?

WSI Logistics
    Yes. But an awful lot of them have a hard time figuring out how these forums work and which button to click on to have their replies go in the right place.

Kind of makes me wonder if that's why their having such a hard time over there.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information