Permanently Removed

Unhappy R.I.P Blaze 1991-2005

Groveville Fire Company
    Mercer County New Jersey

Blaze joined our department in 1991 as a puppy and became part of Groveville Fire Company in many ways. Blaze lived at the station and was not just a mascot to our department but instead a part of it. Blaze passed away on February 27, 2005 but her memory will live on for many years to come. In her younger days she very much enjoyed riding on the engine and visiting the local schools to perform her ever famous "Stop, Drop, and Roll" for children. It seemed as if we could never go to a fire prevention activity or community function without being asked.... "Where is Blaze?" so in a way she was the center of attraction that brought joy to many many people. Blaze left behind a department of loyal colleagues or to put it in a better way....Her "FAMILY" that will never forget her including her "Uncle Markie" with whom she was most fond of and Past Employee and member Mark Cozens who she considered her "DADDY" since Mark was the one that picked her out from the litter and brought her to us. THANK YOU AGAIN MARK!

Our station will never be the same without her here to give us that much looked forward to greeting when coming in for duty in the morning or when she would stand outside and await our return on the engine when coming back from an assignment as she would follow the engine as it backed into the building.

Our only hope is that she in some way knew what an impact she had on so many lives, not just members of our department but also the thousands of children that she visited over the years to preach fire safety and prevention in her own special way. There will always be a special place in our hearts for you and we know you are in a special place now (as you deserve to be) ... most likely being a loyal companion to our Brothers and Sisters from the fire service that have left this world before us-Groveville Fire Co.

My own note:
    Now this fire company is like a sister to us(my company) and this is more than a dog, she was a hero. Rest in peace Blze,you've done your duty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AsstEngineer292; 04-22-2005 at 11:26 AM.

Forum Member

Sorry about your loss. Im a BIG animal lover so I understand what its like to lose one of your "family". Sounds like she had a real good life.

RIP Blaze
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Permanently Removed

Anyone else want to post some things before I have ask a moderator to sticky this for people to read so they can understand more about this type situation some companies go through.

Sorry to hear, dog's are a great asset to anything, and can offer so much in the way of friendship and companionship, in some cases even more than people.

Forum Member

Default K9 companions

There are no bad dogs.

Unfortunately there are bad owners, and the dogs get the blame.

Having lost a loyal and loving friend of the canine variety, I sympathise with your loss.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Rest in peace. sorry for your loss.

Permanently Removed

Some other pics of Blaze

Permanently Removed

And another one

Forum Member

Thread Information