View Poll Results: What brand of trench shore do you use?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airshore

2 12.50%
  • Prospan

2 12.50%
  • Paratech

12 75.00%

Thread: Trench Shoring

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Trench Shoring

I was just wondering what teams are using for their shoring. Any reason or "always had them"?

MembersZone Subscriber

Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

My paid department uses ART double pin shores for trench and for building collapse rescue. They are very akward and not user friendly, BUT they get the job done. My volley department runs Paratech (rated for trench and structural collapse) on it's trench trailer, and they are GREAT, both functionally and userly (is that a word?). Have no experience with the other brand, but I'll bet that they are still better than ART's. Just my humble opinion.

MembersZone Subscriber

We compared AirShore and Paratech and went with the Paratech's. Partly from member experience with Paratech, and partly because of an overall more user friendly impression of the members testing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post shoring

We went with Paratech, it seems to be more universaly used among teams and would make everything compatable when on mutual aid calls. It is very easy to use and can be used for trench, collapse and vehicle stabilization if you get the right adaptors. Their customer service has been great and they sent a Technical Rep out to teach for 3 days free of charge. There out of your area, you should give them a call.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are pretty established with air shores and Prospan. The problem we have with paratech is the tabulated data.
    Now I know they report a 4:1 safety vs airshores 2:1 but Their charts don't allow class c soil placement at the extremes of depth and width. Also paratech states they need to be doubled up at a certain depth, vs the single struts fron prospan and airshore.
    I do like the Acme strut and how it locks.

Forum Member

Our department uses Airshores. We started back in 1991 when Airshores was the only rescue struts around and we really can't justify changing. I like Paratechs, that's what we use on our state trailer to teach trench rescue classes with. They are much easier to use.

If I was just starting out, I'd buy Paratech. But let's face it, whatever you have will work.
    John E. Burruss, NREMT-P
    Heavy-Technical Rescue Instructor
    Virginia Department of Fire Programs

Thread Information