Exclamation Which Led Light Is Brighter!!!!!!!!!

I AM WANTING TO BUY A LED LIGHT FOR MY TRUCK AND I WAS WONDERING WHICH LED LIGHT IS BRIGHTER AND BETTER, THE LED DUAL TALON, OR THE LED ULTRA SLIMLIGHTER SERIES (THE NEWEST ONE OUT). COULD ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE.

THANK YOU,

MembersZone Subscriber

Sho-Me HyperBrite.

they are both the exact same in brightness...

MembersZone Subscriber

How do you know that?
    Did you measure the density of the light with a spectrometer?
    Do you want to be noticed or blind vehicle operators?
    Keep it real. If you think that brighter is better, then something's not real bright here.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

Let me ask you a few questions....

1. Why do you feel you need a light in youre truck?
    2. Do you think you will get there any faster?

I dont know about where you live, but here in Alaska regardless of wether you have a light or not, you may NOT speed, wether in POV or Apparatus. Also, lights in youre POV causes problems for you and others....1. They will increase insurance rates! 2. If you get in an accident you will most likely be at fault. 3. They scare people...people do not expect to see someone speeding up behind them with a little light in their dash or on the roof of youre car! Those are my feelings. Do you understand where I am coming from?

Forum Member

WHO GIVES A CRAP!
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Forum Member

just buy one, who cares if its the brightest or the best. people worry to much about wackerizing their cars!
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by MEckert129
    WHO GIVES A CRAP!

Exactly.
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Forum Member

Wink

From experience, it doesn't matter what kind or how bright.....PEOPLE DON'T MOVE OVER FOR YOU ANYWAY!!! Like stated above in the other posts, dash lights freak people out and make them do stupid and unsafe things on the road. They'll slam on brakes in front of you and cause you to either "hit the ditch" or swerve into oncoming traffic. Either scenario is both unsafe for you and the clueless and totally oblivious public motorists. Once you have "ran them off of the road" (in their words in a complaint left on your dept's answering machine) you will then have to answer to the Chief.

Bottom line: IT JUST AIN'T WORTH THE HEADACHES. IT DOES NOT GET YOU THERE ANY FASTER, TRUST ME.

THAT RED LIGHT ON YOUR DASH TELLS THE PUBLIC, "LOOK AT ME AND WATCH MY EVERY MOVE WHILE I'M RESPONDING".

Forum Member

Agh, I can't help it..... [RANT=ON]

Too many people put their trust in the lights being numerous and/or bright enough, the sirens being numerous and/or loud enough, and the paint on the trucks being bright and visible.

The truth of the matter is that you are not a good vehicle operator worthy of responding until you can safely and promptly get to the scene without requiring the use of any visual or audible devices. If anyone feels that they can't respond without the right siren/light/paint, it's like saying they can't ride a bike without training wheels. ANYONE who hangs the safety of themselves, their crew, the public, and the reliability of their apparatus getting to the scene in one piece out on the presence and operation of sirens and lights is NOT QUALIFIED to respond!

Once you can handle yourself in a safe manner, then you can add the gadgets if you want, but the qualified operator is also capable of recognizing when the gadgets help and and when they hinder, and has the presence of mind to modify their actions accordingly. The qualified operator is also capable of recognizing the point when the number of gadgets exceed reasonable need and cross over into the creation of a new hazard.

I wish people would pay as much attention to fire training, health and fitness, and safety programs as they do to what lights and sirens they whacker on and on about.

[/RANT]
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Forum Member

Oh good grief, when will it stop.

[for what it's worth, the talon is far superior to the slimlighter which is older)
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Default WHACKER

WHACKER WHACKER WHACKER
    Kyle Beard
    Engine 221 "East Side Express"
    FTM-PTM

MembersZone Subscriber

Agh, I can't help it..... [RANT=ON]
    RLFD14 that was not a rant that was the TRUTH.....Well put !!!

Winding the "Q" up at the blocked intersection full of cars doesn't move them any faster. It will just make them deaf so the next time they don't hear you at all.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

Default Do you want a bright one ???

The brightest light I think you could have for your truck isn't for sale....

You're born with it. The little light that should turn on in your head when you make a fire response that flashes "Drive Safely...and cautiously" through out your brain.

Others are right this discussion is old, isn't nesessary, and causes more arguments than it has to. Because everyone is a "Lights in/on a POV Professional" yet we can't solve fire department issues, educate newer members, and be proficient in our skills because we're worrying about personal warning devices....Simply put ....WHO CARES !!! There are more posts on FH.com about Volunteer Warning Lights than there needs to be

While I'm not afraid to admit I have a Blue Light {A single Talon-Strobe for you light weenies} I use it when I need to. It gets you no where any faster.

Forum Member

Default Re: Do you want a bright one ???

Originally posted by BD6413
    While I'm not afraid to admit I have a Blue Light {A single Talon-Strobe for you light weenies} I use it when I need to. It gets you no where any faster.
    yeah, but the Talon LED is brighter. I have the single one on my windshield, but I think I have used it 3 times in the past month or so.

if you want to get a light go spend your money on it. it's your money. if you want to get a full sized lightbar, then by all means spend your money on it. but before you do, compare both lights side by said, and see which one you like better.

oh, all those who just complain about wackerizing their cars, why not think of think of this another way: he's looking to spend money on sopmething and asked for assistance. he is getting one (1) light, not putting strobes everywhere, not putting a siren in his car, not installing a Federal Q, not getting a full sized lightbar. he is getting 1 (repeat, ONE) light for his dash. That's not being wackerish, except in the eyes of the career FFs who don't use them because they would have no need to use them, or the vollies who aren't permitted to have them. so remember what your mother said, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the converstaion, maybe you should just keep your mouth shut!!
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Wow! A new topic on emergency lights!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information