Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Quaker Safety Bunker Gear?

Does anyone know anything about the quality of this gear? I'm looking at purchasing some, but don't have much info on it.
    Thanks!

We started switching too it about two years ago. Holding up well so far.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

FH Mag/.com Contributor

My dept from PA used Quaker Safety, I spent 7 years in the same set. It held up very well and at no point did I feel like I was fighting the gear. In all fairness I've had no complaints about Globe or Morning Pride either, worn both on occasion.

Forum Member

Default Re: Quaker Safety Bunker Gear?

Originally posted by jerryfrost
    Does anyone know anything about the quality of this gear? I'm looking at purchasing some, but don't have much info on it.
    Thanks!
    Why would you purchase something you dont know anything about??? Turnouts are what is between you and serious injury! Take the time contact several manufacturers and try several sets of gear. Quaker has good stuff but make sure it is going to suit your departments needs.
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that's why he was asking...was for information so he could make an educated purchase of turn out gear.

I personnally do not like the Quaker gear. I wore it for the Air Force and I felt that it was cut poorly, was very constricting, and overall very uncomfortable.

MembersZone Subscriber

We use Quaker gear, thanks to a FEMA grant; they gave us several choices on material and measured us for fit. First new gear we have ever had in 17 years. We like it.
    Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default reply

Thanks FORTff. That was why I was asking.

i am unsure of quaker but i would tell you my prefferances go with

cairns or morning pride. Both seem cut real well and very light weight.

like someone stated call a few companys and have them come show you the gear and try it on.

i know moring pride ran a deal where we baught so many sets we recieved a set free.

MembersZone Subscriber

Globe and Cairns are almost identical gear and if I'm not mistaken, both made by Globe. Another gear that I'm surprisingly impressed with is Janesville. I've been using the Janesville Isodry gear for about a year now and I like it a lot. Very comfortable, seems to hold up ok so far. Globe is another favorite. I haven't had the oppurtunity to use Morning Pride, but I like some of the options that they have.

Forum Member

We used Quaker for years, and it held up good. The only thing I don't like is the neck flap was very thick and bulky, but that was a few years ago, so they may have changed designs by now. I still run the Quaker as a night hitch.
    We have globe now and it too is holding up great. Globe and Cairns are made in the same factory in New Hampshire.
    We just got a few sets of Globes new model called G Extreme. It's cut for less movement restriction.
    What ever you get, when they come to demo it, do some activities that you'd expect to do on the fire ground. Put on a BA and crawl around a while to avoid finding a flaw later.

Thread Information