Forum Member

Default Meth Lab Trainings

Anyone been to any meth lab trainings in the past? I'm going to one tonight, and not sure what else they'll tell us other than what the labs could look like and the dangers, costs if we disturb it.

Forum Member

If you ever have the opportunity to go to a Meth Lab class put on by anyone from the DEA or Ohio BCI & I, I would strongly recommend it. They have a vast knowledge to share with emergency responders, and show you just how prevelant these things are...It's really pretty scarey when you think about it...Good luck.

Andy

Forum Member

Thanks Andy! I'll let you know how it goes.

Forum Member

We just had a class put on not too long ago by someone from BCI....... Pretty informative.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

The class was hosted by BCI and it was very informative. We were told in our WMD Haz Mat Awareness class a few weeks ago that if we find a meth lab and touch anything, we buy the scene. BCI told us last night that we can put the fire out, but no one's going to send us a bill unless we intentionally don't call DEA/BCI if a lab's found on a fire scene. Personally, I'm going to the truck and taking a hiatus. Let it burn!

Forum Member

Don't move it or they won't clean it up........ Like if it's a mobile lab in a car, do not tow the car or you will be responsible for cleaning it up......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Gotcha!!

MembersZone Subscriber

We're working on getting someone from BCI&I in

We've done Fire and EMS backup for a raid several months back, and I expect that there are more labs in the area

Thread Information