3 17.65%
  • sometimes

3 17.65%

Thread: scba

MembersZone Subscriber

Default scba

are u guys/girls alowed to wear scba ant ur station for training

Permanently Removed

Yes I can, I'm certified on all SCBA operations,safety,maintenence and etc in our station since IM THE ONLY JR LEFT!lol

Forum Member

Yes, our post owns about 5 Scott SCBA's with about maybe 12 bottles and we can use the dept. MSA's if we ask.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

We have 2 older MSA packs on loan. We will probally have to return those soon. They have the old compostie tanks and will be due for a hydro test soon, but have already gone through the maximum number of tests allowed. We have another *old* scott 2.2 donated by the hazmat team.

We somtimes use the department's newer scott 2.2s.

Forum Member

Just use the Departments right along with them, that is what we do.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

lol i thought you meant at fires.....I have only worn it at a fire once it was a minivan on fire and there were only three of us responding so the officer up front yells to me to put the SCBA on and i was backing him on the hose....so in situations where were understaffed im allowed to wear them but i dont go into structures....just so you guys know im 17 and will be 18 in a few months

but yeah i wear them at training too we have the Scott 2.2s and the other Dept im on has MSA firehawks i like both brands though
    Rest In Peace
    Anndee Huber-A tragedy which could have been prevented!
    Ban Alcohol in the Firehouse!

im now a regular member in my dept, but our jrs cannot wear them for training but are not able to click in and go on air, they are definetly not able to use them at scences. we also use scott 4.5s.

Forum Member

Default Sometimes

Since the city got all new Scott Packs we have not been using them... This is for several reasons. There are only two spare masks to each truck becasue each firefighter has thier own personlized mask. We use to have old interspiros then they traded them in for the scotts. The juniors were suppose to hold back a few scott for training but someone dropped the ball on that and they all had to be traded in for the new packs. Second reason. Since we got the new packs in we never got a new compresor yet and the one that the city owns is old. We have a cascade system on one of our trucks but it must be filled by a central filling center and our is too old to use that the moment. So our city's cascade truck has to go out of town to get refilled. So they try not to use up the air unless it is nessicary for calls. However I have gotten to use them because I drill with a firehouse that I am joining and plus they are getting me ready and getting me use to the packs and breathing the Air...
    Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

Always. As a matter of fact, we are required to use them during training.

Forum Member

yeah, we can use packs as long as someone who is certified is "watching" (They watch us put it on and that's bout it).

We have....lets see...around 40 scott tanks, and...25-30 packs, so we put them on and learn about them and what not. I haven't worn one for an actual drill yet, but we've been taught how to wear them incase we were told to pack up at a call even though we're not certified....chances of that happening....1 in 1,000,000? if not more, lol.

Forum Member

yes we are allowed to pack up we have about 8 SCBA supported seats and more in the station. We have MSA SCBAs

I can wear scba any time i want to...training or not. Then again im not a cadet any more.....lol. J/p with you all.
    Rescue Squad 12 to FireAlarm!!.....Squad 12?.....Give Me The 3 Alram!!!!!!

Forum Member

If your state is an osha state, I'd watch your *** before someone ends up paying for it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

yeah we each have one, that is "ours" while we are an explorer and they stay out at the fire institute where our meetings are, and we use them quite a bit. We do burns, and lots of scba training, donning, doffing, dumping, buddy breathing, that kind of stuff. And what they have done with us for like communication stuff is take the masks and spread them out in this one area in the bay, and put all our packs in a pile and shut one set of lights out, that was all just for communication skills, all our packs are numbered so like every one knew their number and that type of thing, and also we all went outside and the advisors took our resporator and put it on the wrong side, just so we could all get used to knowing how it goes exactly and learning that type of thing.

KDC
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

Smile

My station sation 9 in alledale nj. does not allow us to wear our scba's but only for traning.

Thread Information