MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up Wwooohhooooo Its In!

I just got word (finally) that my St John Ambulance First Aid Instructor Certificate has arrived.

WWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOO!!!!

Anyone in need of a FA instructor out there?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Banned

what have you got to do to become an instructor? how much does it cost?

MembersZone Subscriber

Pengman, my cert is from the Military, although it is a civilian ticket, which will allow me to work as a contract instructor, providing students with a St John Ambulance Standard Level first aid certificate.

It was a 5 day course and because it was hosted by a military installation, there was no fee charged except my time away from my regular duties. After the training phase there is also a co-teach phase in which you work with a certified instructor co-teaching a min of 3 courses (which in themselves are 3 days long) after which if all goes well the next course is "on your own" and this one is monitored by the Sr instructor. If he/she likes what you've done, your assessment is sent off to be reviewed and in 6 wks your cert comes back.

I did my monitor phase in January, but for some reason it took until this week for the ticket to come back.

If you have any further questions, just pm me, I'll be happy to answer as best I can.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Default Re: Wwooohhooooo Its In!

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    I just got word (finally) that my St John Ambulance First Aid Instructor Certificate has arrived.

WWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOO!!!!

Anyone in need of a FA instructor out there?
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Forum Member

Dont suppose you want to come to australia and give our brigade a bit of instruction? They pay isnt too good, but wheres the old volounteer spirit eh? You have to pay for your own plane trip, you can sleep in the shed, but watch the redbacks, they tend to get sleeping people! But on the plus side you can drink as much free water as you want!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Congrats

Completing the course is one thing, but until you get that little piece of paper, you don't quite feel official do you? ( speaking as one who has waited rather impatiently for her certificates).

Awesome job Rick. I know how hard you worked for this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by PattyV
    Dont suppose you want to come to australia and give our brigade a bit of instruction? They pay isnt too good, but wheres the old volounteer spirit eh? You have to pay for your own plane trip, you can sleep in the shed, but watch the redbacks, they tend to get sleeping people! But on the plus side you can drink as much free water as you want!
    LOL I'd love to take you up on that offer, but I am being ordered on a move to a different direction in July.

Thread Information