Permanently Removed

Question Looking to buy used apparatus

Doea anyone know of a company in the North-Eastern states selling a pumper? We're in the process of looking for a engine to replace our Mack we have. We're looking for a 1985-Newer,1250GPM or more,1,000 Water or more and must be enclosed. For right now we haven't found anything but if someone on here found something please let us know. Thanks in advance-Lebanon Lakes Volunteer Fire Co. Members

Default Fire Truck 4 Sale

www.northirwinfd.org/truck_for_sale.htm I don't know if this will work for you but give it a look.
    Thanks Mark

Forum Member
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Question 1995 For Sale (available in Sept. 05)

Brothers,

Please pass the word our 1995 Central States is For Sale (replacing with new 75ft Quint).

1000 gal. Tank
    1250 Hale Single Stage
    300 hp DT 530
    Allision Automatic
    On Spot Tire Chains
    On Board Foam System
    6.5KW HYDRAULIC GENERATOR
    Additional Tools & Equipment Included with Sale of Truck

www.satfd.com/Apparatus/E2(1).htm

$ 80,000 OBO (available in September 2005)

For Additional Information: garth_b9@yahoo.com
    Last edited by 640SATFD; 05-02-2005 at 12:05 PM.
    GB

Permanently Removed

Hmmm............I saw that truck before. Well we need it white for one lol but how tall is it? Our max height for anything is 9'8. I think that engine is all of 10 feet tall. But if the price was dropped dramatically maybe we could work out a deal.

Forum Member

Come on dude, color is the least of your problems right now.
    Piscataway Fire Dist #2
    Possumtown V.F.C.

Forum Member

Default Contact Us

Send me a note: garth_b9@yahoo.com

And we can look at some options if this is a unit that your Department is seriously interested in.

OAH is: 10FT!!!
    GB

Permanently Removed

hmmmm.........our trucks can go 9'7 building isn't tall enough for anything taller. Doors only open to 9'8....our new engine BARELY clears...let me see maybe im wrong

Forum Member

But if the price was dropped dramatically maybe we could work out a deal.
    80,000 for that apparatus (having seen it myself a few occasions), is NOT a bad deal.

$80,000 for that truck is a pretty damn good deal..

Default Annex D

AE292:

I recommend that you take the giant step from the older, less safe apparatus to the much safer apparatus produced to NFPA 1901, 1993 edition. This will bring you to an age of newer and more safe apparatus for you, your personnel, and the public you serve. Apparatus produced to NFPA 1901, 1993 or newer editions will put your personnel into a fully enclosed cab and away from the elements. All the safety items of the day will be integrated into the apparatus. The newer apparatus will also satisfy the requirement of Annex D. You gain very little by purchasing apparatus produced prior to 1993 unless it has been certifed to meet NFPA 1993 or newer and satisfies Annex D. See:
    http://inserviceextra.firechief.com/...rbish_replace/

Be well, be safe.

Respectfully submitted,

Anthony D. (Tony) Bulygo
    adbmlb@hotmail.com (show "Annex D" in the subject line)

Permanently Removed

Originally posted by Res343cue

80,000 for that apparatus (having seen it myself a few occasions), is NOT a bad deal.

$80,000 for that truck is a pretty damn good deal..

Maybe YOUR company has $80,000 just ready to spend but we don't.

Forum Member

Originally posted by AsstEngineer292

Maybe YOUR company has $80,000 just ready to spend but we don't.
    We dont have that much either, but that truck could go for that, easily.

Maybe the "Juniors" could start doing some boot drives, and other things. We've raised a few thousand dollars in a *day* doing that. We've filled up many, many boots.

The senior members could help too. Your income doesn't have to primarily be tax funds.

Permanently Removed

Oh yea there's no doubt in my mind that that truck wouldn't go for $80,000. I'm just saying it's another truck we can't afford. And when you say juniors for my company it's junior, I'm the only one left as of now the other one graduated last December. But we usually make 2-3 thousand dollars in a weekend doing coin tosses. Not much but it does add up in the long run.

Forum Member

Well Mr Asst. Engineer, you just solved your problem. $2500 is halfway between $2000 and $3000, X 52 weeks is $130,000. I'll give you Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off, that's still $122,500. Money problem solved.

Edited for faulty math
    Last edited by oldman21220; 05-03-2005 at 09:23 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default link repost

The link by Anthony Bulygo didn't work for me. I thought it would be usefull to repost it here.

"http://inserviceextra.firechief.com/ar/firefighting_annex_refurbish_replace/"

The link appears to be too long to work withing the fourm. You may have to type it manually to get it to work.

Randy
    Last edited by rualfire; 05-03-2005 at 08:41 AM.

Post Annex D Article

Randy:

Thanks for your attention to getting this important info to those that have not seen it. However, I tried your link and it, too, did not work here.

So................ Let't try this: Go to:
    http://inserviceextra.firechief.com and look at the right side column and scroll down to the icon of a CD and the article on
    Annex D and the "Refurbish or Replace" link.

Respectfully submitted,

Anthony Bulygo

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Annex D

Anyone have a link to a post of ANNEX D? or a listing of what items would apply to conversion of an old truck or commercial truck to a fire dept (wildland or tanker). Obviously 1901 has zone lighting, enclosed cab etc. What is laundry list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Pierce lists some of the stuff required for Annex D. Unfortunately, we have the 1999 edition of 1901 here at work, which I thought we updated automatically. Guess not, though we'll never use 1901 here doing sprinkler design... I haven't found anything in the updates we've received about Annex D either.

Pierce's Annex D Info

I'll keep looking.

Forum Member

Default Annex D

I truly believe that some people may want to ignore the Annex D provision and reccomendation. This will "dramatically" impact our efforts with municipal goverments and the political side of our business. The are many ways to get Annex D, but one big supporter of it is FAMA (Fire Aparatus Manufacturers Association). Annex D link and other helpful info can be found at www.fama.org including equipment load standards (incredible tool for new apparatus inventory weight analysis while writing specs for new apparatus!), scholarship/intern programs and other "things"...take a look.

Go to www.fama.org and click on Annex D provision on home page.

Stay safe and good luck.

GUY

Post Annex D, simply stated

Guy:

Great post.

First let me correct my first posting with the correct version of NFPA 1901 which should have read "1991 version", not 1993.

I have just read Annex D again and I guess that the crux of the matter can be stated by reprinting one paragraph:

The 1991 edition of NFPA fire department apparatus standards included, among many other things, requirements for fully enclosed riding areas, stronger aerial ladders, auxiliary braking systems, reflective striping, improved warning lights and no roof-mounted audible warning devices. The 1991 editions have been recognized as the benchmark from which the new, improved apparatus have evolved. It is recommended that only apparatus that meet the 1991 or later editions of the NFPA apparatus standards or that are refurbished in accordance with NFPA 1912 be permitted to operate in first-line service, to ensure that the latest improvements and upgrades are available for the firefighters. (Interpretations include all reserve apparatus, as they will run as first-line apparatus at any given time and for any given length of time)

Annex D is only 2 pages in length, but is far reaching.

Respectfully submitted,

Tony Bulygo

Thread Information